GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread

smanierre

Autocross Champion
That mk8 thread got me thinking, anyone ever put any thought into making a mk6 a hybrid? Not one for mpgs, thats what the TDI is for, but like La Ferarri, 918, P1 hybrid. The motors and batteries would definitely add some weight too it but hooking up the back wheels to use an electric motor would probably be pretty crazy from a dig and help to cope with some of the lag of a big turbo.

dustbunny227

Autocross Champion
That mk8 thread got me thinking, anyone ever put any thought into making a mk6 a hybrid? Not one for mpgs, thats what the TDI is for, but like La Ferarri, 918, P1 hybrid. The motors and batteries would definitely add some weight too it but hooking up the back wheels to use an electric motor would probably be pretty crazy from a dig and help to cope with some of the lag of a big turbo.

If I ever get the money and space to do it. I would consider it. Would be pretty cool. I keep saying if my motor blows that I am going to try and swap in a 20B rotary motor.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Well vw has a shit ton of tdis in storage. Would be better to convert them to hybrid gas or all electric.

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Once i'm rich from my shit tier mobile game that requires micro-transactions just to log in i'll be doing this. You all wait.

dustbunny227

Autocross Champion
Well vw has a shit ton of tdis in storage. Would be better to convert them to hybrid gas or all electric.
I would buy one of those in a heartbeat... I see a few tdi come up for sale from time to time and wish I had the money to get one. Maybe in a few months. Who knows.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

smanierre

Autocross Champion
I would buy one of those in a heartbeat... I see a few tdi come up for sale from time to time and wish I had the money to get one. Maybe in a few months. Who knows.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I have my dads mk4 tdi as a winter beater. I fill up every 4 or so days with my gti driving to or from work. That things makes it a week and a half. Hoping that may go up slightly once I fix the wheel bearing.

smanierre

Autocross Champion
So I know the 034 SD mounts are known to have some issues (think I may be experiencing that now which is why i'm switching) but what about the Billet ones? Currently trying to choose between those and the BFI stage 2 mounts. Also for anyone with the BFI ones did you choose stage 1 or 2 and why?

torga

Autocross Champion
I've got BSH billet mounts and they feel pretty solid/smooth.

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
So I know the 034 SD mounts are known to have some issues (think I may be experiencing that now which is why i'm switching) but what about the Billet ones? Currently trying to choose between those and the BFI stage 2 mounts. Also for anyone with the BFI ones did you choose stage 1 or 2 and why?

BFI is the best. Hands down. They stand behind their product if you have issues and they perform great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Sounds like BFI stage 1 is the closest comparable mount to the 034 SD mounts. They might be just a little bit stiffer. That's probably the option I'll take if I ever have to replace my 034 mounts...which I might have to. Been too lazy to pop the hood.

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Sounds like BFI stage 1 is the closest comparable mount to the 034 SD mounts. They might be just a little bit stiffer. That's probably the option I'll take if I ever have to replace my 034 mounts...which I might have to. Been too lazy to pop the hood.

I'm probably gonna go with the stage 2 ones, I don't mind any additional NVH but sounds like i'll be going with BFI.