GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Big Turbo Discussion Thread #2

vwgti2.0t

Go Kart Champion
I thought she left TC on.

Well, yea. I think she left the TC on, which then made the car overheat, and then she kept tracking it.

You would think if they are relying on someone to be an accurate tester they would at least think to turn the TC off right? I know my car bucks all over the place when that kicks in if I forget to turn it off.

jettaglis

Go Kart Champion
did some googling...

As a young girl, ’14 business administration alumna Karla Pestotnik, used to hide her obsession with cars for fear of embarrassment. But then it became something that she did to bond with her late father, who would take her out racing on the back of his motorcycle. Today, she is an aspiring professional race car driver for road circuit racing. She has also started her own company — Karla Pestotnik Racing.

“When I am racing I get in this zone … that I can’t replicate with anything else in my life. I can’t really put words to the feeling that I get. I’m in it, I’m in my car, I’m on the track … racing and nothing else matters,” Pestotnik said.

vwgti2.0t

Go Kart Champion
Finally swapped my 235/40-18's on last night. Didn't get to feel the traction difference this morning as it was raining, but I have A LOT more room than expected. I can easily fit a 245 in there, and I'm pretty low. I'll post a pic later, but I couldn't believe the amount of room I still have.

vwgti2.0t

Go Kart Champion
Neuspeeds RSE07, 18x8 ET45. The front I feel like I could easily fit a 255. The rear maybe a 245 without destroying the quarters. Front has a TON of room though.

Granted they are nothing crazy, only Conti DW's, but looking through specs on tire rack they seem to be wider than most every other 235.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mbutler183

Ready to race!
Neuspeeds RSE07, 18x8 ET45. The front I feel like I could easily fit a 255. The rear maybe a 245 without destroying the quarters. Front has a TON of room though.

Granted they are nothing crazy, only Conti DW's, but looking through specs on tire rack they seem to be wider than most every other 235.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thats interesting, I was looking at going 235's but maybe ill go bigger now. Stock fenders? No rolling?

vwgti2.0t

Go Kart Champion
Thats interesting, I was looking at going 235's but maybe ill go bigger now. Stock fenders? No rolling?

No they are rolled. Probably pulled a bit too. I literally rolled them with a wooden toilet plunger handle back around 2012 when I was way too low with VMR V710's and kept catching the fender. Maybe that's why I seem to have extra room.

I took a 90 degree sweeping offramp at like 80mph this morning and nothing rubbed at all, so I'm pretty pumped. Traction in 3rd seems to have improved quite a bit as well. Still not good, but better than 225's for sure.