GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread

GTIpowerr

Ready to race!
Is this the original battery? That's what I meant sorry. I'd guess it's a bad battery if so. Battery longevity varies a bit region to region. I would start there before doing anything else more invasive.

I honestly dont know if its the original one... I purchased the car like this last year. The battery is a blue colored one from Bosch. I could look at the number or something thats written on it tomorrow, if you want me to.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
I honestly dont know if its the original one... I purchased the car like this last year. The battery is a blue colored one from Bosch. I could look at the number or something thats written on it tomorrow, if you want me to.

look at it to see if there is any date, otherwise safe to assume it is original.

ahard48

Ready to race!
Key fob is dying. I used to be able to unlock the car and have the doors relock before I could walk the distance to open it. Now I have to be 10ft away for it to unlock. I already changed the battery. Any other ideas/thoughts?

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Key fob is dying. I used to be able to unlock the car and have the doors relock before I could walk the distance to open it. Now I have to be 10ft away for it to unlock. I already changed the battery. Any other ideas/thoughts?

Have this same issue. Some days my fob range is pretty good, other days I gotta be 10 feet away and it still won't lock/unlock.

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
Oem is pretty good imo. Lasted 5 years in Michigan temps

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

This. I'm still on the OEM battery in Jersey weathers. Harsh Winters, Harsh summers. Bought car new late 2013...

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie

Have this same issue. Some days my fob range is pretty good, other days I gotta be 10 feet away and it still won't lock/unlock.
Sames. One day ill be 30 feet from my car and it will unlock/lock effortlessly the next day i gotta be within 5 feet. Changed the battery to a brand new one... i though that fixed it but it only had "long" range for about a week before going back to being intermittent.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Cant find a date on it...

Do you or anyone else recommend a specific battery brand? The one i have now is from Bosch 12V - 680A - 74AH.
I bought a battery from discount auto... it had some more cranking amps than the OEM (not to much more) and it came with a 5 year pro-rate warranty on it. So far ive had the battery for about 3-4 years and its held up good.

BjxGTI

Ready to race!
Anyone has an idea what would cause my car to push more boost than before? Before this I would peak at 28 and tapers down to 26, now it would peak at 30psi...

Also the boost kinda fluctuates a little when I’m pushing it... this sounds like a boost leak?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk