GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. S

APR K04 - P0101 - Misfire Issue - MAF Flow

I've been trying to run down the mysterious P0101/random misfire problem with my APR K04. I recently upgraded to the new software and new 3 bar MAP, still the problems persist. One thing I noticed was the MAF is only flowing 3.8-4 g/sec at idle. Is that common? Tried the usual fixes with...
  2. S

Apr ecu tune for mk7 out!

We're not talking a huge difference here. The MK6 K04 combo is still plenty potent. My 2014 Mustang makes 700CHP and the little GTI still has enough punch to put a smile on my face whenever I drive it. Don't give away the farm for modest bump.
  3. S

DV-Boost Leak and Rounded Hex Socket Bolt

VAG COM tells me there is a drop in pressure between the DV and the Turbo (VCDS even tells you to check DV when the code comes up on the scan). Car idles very rough, like it has a big, loping cam. Anyway I went under to check the DV and one of the bolts is rusted solid to the tap. While...
  4. S

AC Condenser

My AC gave out yesterday. I refilled the system with a can of refrigerant and as soon as I did I noticed a hissing sound from the condenser - right in the front, below the grill opening. I looked through the grill and saw the fluid bubbling out. I guess the condenser unit took a hit from a...
  5. S

FS - S2T Performance DSG Paddle Shifters

I (still) have a set of brand new, never installed, in original box, silver anodized, flat-style paddle shifters for sale. $185 OBO plus shipping. Can supply pictures if requested. PM for details. Thanks! http://www.s2tpp.com/VW-Paddle-Details.html
  6. S

BBS Rim Guard 19"

Selling a new, in box, BBS rim guard, 19". $70 plus shipping.
  7. S

FS 2009 Audi S5 V8 Supercharged

Figured I would post this over here to see if anyone is interested. Selling my 2009 S5 with tons of mods and 3 sets of rims. Car runs and sounds amazing. Tuner claims 500 CHP with the kit but I have never dynoed the thing. All I know is it hauls a$$. :w00t...
  8. S

FS - Enkei Raijin - Gunmetal - w/ Star Specs

I have a set of 18x8 gunmetal Enkei Raijin rims w/ 225/40ZR-18 Dunlop Direzza Sport Z1 Star Spec tires for sale. Includes 2 sets of centering rings (one set brand new) and lugs. Rims are in very good condition, although one rim does have some curb rash. Some minor pitting and chips but...
  9. S

Strange Flutter Noise - 3/4 Shift

My car recently developed a strange fluttering/chirping noise (almost sounds like the tires are slipping) between the 3/4 shift in "D" mode with the DSG. I am aware of the K04 "flutter" noise under part throttle, but this is a little different and doesn't happen between the 1/2 ans 2/3 shift at...
  10. S

Tire Balance

I had two new Pirelli P Zero all seasons put on my stock Detroits a few weeks back. Probably drove about 2k on them so far. This past weekend I swapped them out for my track tires and I noticed the two new tires, on perfectly level ground, fall flat on their faces. Seems really strange to me...
  11. S

K04 - Pushing Oil

Is it common to push oil with the K04? After my last track day I noticed a film of motor oil had accumulated on the intercooler plumbing, crankcase, TOP, etc. I can't find an obvious leak anywhere.
  12. S

Oil/DSG Fluid - Front Driver Side Wheel Well

Took the car to Lime Rock on Friday for a season opener. Ran fine, all but some brake fade at the very end. When I removed my front driver side tire I noticed a thin film of oil/fluid had gotten all over the wheel well, suspension, etc. It seems too thin to be motor oil, but I suppose it could...
  13. S

Snow Tires Dunlop Winter Sports

4x Dunlop Winter Sport Snow Tires (245/40-18) on MSW Type 14 rims (18x8, 35 offset). Tires have less than 3,000 miles on them. See pics. Figured I would throw these up here in case anyone is interested. They are off of my Audi. I'm not sure they would fit the GTI considering the...
  14. S

O2 Spacer question

I have an APR K04 w/ APR downpipe. I asked Arin to install the stock (non testpipe) file in P1 in the hopes that w/ a jetted O2 spacer on the DP I could pass NYS emissions. I installed the spacer with the medium jet and all was well for about 130 miles (I had only 1 system pop red, so I would...
  15. S

Pearl Performance - Quogue NY (LI)

Had my 2011 GTI serviced at Pearl Performance yesterday. DSG fluid, oil change, brakes (pads, fluid), fuel filter, plugs, coils, you name it. Even wipers. Frank did an awesome job. Highly recommend to anyone in the area. And a good person to know for the summer if you find yourself...
  16. S

Thinking of moving to a B8 S4

The S4 is more than capable. The only thing that holds it back, at least on my S5, is the steering. It can be a little vague at times. A well-sorted Audi can run down some pretty fast competition, especially in the rain. Panda - awesome choice. The E9X is going to go down as one of the...
  17. S

FS- S2T Performance DSG Paddle Shifters

Brand new, never installed, still in original box. Silver anodized finish, flat style without groove. $185 plus shipping. Can supply pictures tonight if requested. PM for details. Thanks! http://www.s2tpp.com/VW-Paddle-Details.html
  18. S

HPDE-July 26th-NJMP-rüd Motorsports

rüd Motorsports in conjunction with Track Guys is looking to host its first HPDE at NJMP (lightning) on July 26th Anyone interested should check out their FB page (www.rudmotorsports.com will redirect you) and let them know. All levels of skill will be accommodated along with instruction for...
  19. S

HR Sway bar- popping noise when turn wheel

So I just had an HR front sway bar installed on my 2011 GTI. The car makes a popping noise when I turn the wheel from side to side, almost like something is torquing then releasing. I would guess it could be the sway bar bushings but I'm not sure why they would be making such a sound. I did the...
  20. S

FS - H&R MK6 GTI SS Street Performance Coilovers

New, in box, H&R Street performance coilovers for the MKVI GTI. Box was opened (to check contents) but never unpacked and installed. This is the SS kit with the adjustable dampening. Front lowering from 1-2.2" and rear from 1-2". Retail price is $1,580. Asking $1,350. Would rather do a face...