GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread

Fleron2301

Go Kart Champion
Installed a WALK. Got alignment checked and it was good. Is this normal? I didn't get the alignment done since it wasn't needed.

VmyW925

What's the best site to get jetta performance parts...looking to revamp in preparation for the summer joy-ride days?

lilfleck

Go Kart Champion
Hello everyone! I have an SPM pendulum mount with the torque insert sitting in a box next to me and need to know if it is alright to swap the OEM pendulum mount with the SPM without doing the other two engine mounts? I read a thread somewhere that said energy follows path of least resistance and it may cause premature damage, etcetera? I plan on getting the other mounts in the future (hopefully by end of summer) and I know I am doing the torque insert at least, but I figure if I'm already under the car I might as well do the whole thing....which brings me to another question....does the engine need to be supported by a jack and a block of wood when I'm switching the insert or is that just for the mount?

That should be fine. You will be transferring more stress to other components, but that is what all suspension/stiffening mods do... for the insert, i'm fairly certain all you need is lube and a rubber mallet to get that fker in.