GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread

jakedeloera361

Has anybody tried installing an aftermarket eBay backup camera? I'm trying to figure out how to get the wires from the bumper to the trunk and how I'd screw it in before I actually start drilling and trying it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie

MK6NGT

Ready to race!
Are you able to lift you car and inspect your subframe mount pucks? Since this is only during harder acceleration, I wonder if its due to motor rock. Just check the stock puck to ensure it isnt cracking or rubber is damaged.

Sent from phone Tapa

Clutch disc went out. HOD already has one on the way to me that is of their new manufacturing at no cost. I'm still on the hook for the labor, sucks because they had issues with the previous manufacturer of the discs and I got the last one...so I know it isn't normal to get labor cost but it would have been nice if they offered part of it. Cost of the labor is close to the cost of the clutch itself.

MK6NGT

Ready to race!
If the disk went out and its not user error, I would discuss with them. Maybe can get reduced labor. Especially for a known issue.

Sent from phone Tapa

It says on their site they don't cover labor costs for warranty items, I mentioned it but didn't ask for anything. I know realistically they don't owe it to me and likely won't offer it even if I wanted to stand on my point that they should pay part of the labor cost because of a known issue. It would be nice but I don't want to get into any argument about it, isn't worth it. Andy was super cool about the issue, didn't even ask for proof just sent me another disk.

GTI_Akz

here ya go...

i dont have this ::(:(:(:(

GTI_Akz

I just got a mk6 golf gti cant be bothered to read everything but need to make this a good project for myself any reccomendations?

Im trying to find the mk7 rear lights for my mk6 but cant find it guess i will have to settle what everyone else has (mk6 R lights)

trying for some good headlights too... want some super ultra bright ones... was think to put hids into the oem headlights

Saabstory

.:R32 OG Member # 002
I just got a mk6 golf gti cant be bothered to read everything but need to make this a good project for myself any reccomendations?

Yes, I have a couple:

1. Read everything.
2. Search (everything you asked for is on the forum)
3. ...
4. Profit...

austinnoll

so everytime i turn my car on, service required pops up does that mean an oil change or? and when i do the oil change will it go off automatically?