GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Changed from stock coils to R8 because of misfires.(not tuned) 3 of the 4 are fine but I can not get the coil in the 2nd cylinder to sit right. It still needs to go down about half an inch. There seems to be some ceramic debris from the plug in the cylinder somehow and I think that's blocking it. Any idea what to do?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vacuum? i dunno never had debris in mine.

ahard48

Ready to race!
Here's a random question. Just got about $130 in amazon gift cards. Logical thing to do is spend it on car parts. Amazon limits that but was thinking OEM looking front lip? Any other ideas? Maybe endlinks for my spring coilover install?

Boscogn

Go Kart Champion
Here's a random question. Just got about $130 in amazon gift cards. Logical thing to do is spend it on car parts. Amazon limits that but was thinking OEM looking front lip? Any other ideas? Maybe endlinks for my spring coilover install?
I had $200 in gift cards. And I still spend a shit ton on Amazon.

Here's some ideas:
Tools
Car wash stuff
Parts
Maintenance stuff like oil and filters
GTI seat inserts
Radar and/or dash cam + Hardwire kits
Windshield Wipers

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

ahard48

Ready to race!

Here's some ideas:
Tools
Car wash stuff
Parts
GTI seat inserts
Windshield Wipers

- Tools is actually a good idea, would just need to do research on brands (impact wrench, new car jack, new torx wrenches?)
- Just replenished car wash stuff on black Friday
- Have GTI seat inserts
- 26K on the car, never thought about windshield wipers...

SELA_MK6GTI

Go Kart Champion

Here's some ideas:
Tools
Car wash stuff
Parts
GTI seat inserts
Windshield Wipers

Would you happen to have link to wipers?

Boscogn

Go Kart Champion
Last edited:

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
- Tools is actually a good idea, would just need to do research on brands (impact wrench, new car jack, new torx wrenches?)
- Just replenished car wash stuff on black Friday
- Have GTI seat inserts
- 26K on the car, never thought about windshield wipers...

what about oil change supplies? could procure a oil extraction tool so you dont have to jack it up and change the plug....

Wermz

I'm looking at ordering a SoloDL for data logging HPDE days for my R. However in speaking to AIM, they say I must tap directly into the CANBUS. :iono: I get that it is two wires running around my car transmitting the protocol but beyond that i'm uncertain where to begin.

Can anybody point me toward any info on this? I keep searching for info and keep ending up on my-gti about a RCD 510. Don't think that applies. I don't want to just cut wires and do some crappy splice. Want to find a way to do it right.

thank you.

SELA_MK6GTI

Go Kart Champion
I'm looking at ordering a SoloDL for data logging HPDE days for my R. However in speaking to AIM, they say I must tap directly into the CANBUS. :iono: I get that it is two wires running around my car transmitting the protocol but beyond that i'm uncertain where to begin.

Can anybody point me toward any info on this? I keep searching for info and keep ending up on my-gti about a RCD 510. Don't think that applies. I don't want to just cut wires and do some crappy splice. Want to find a way to do it right.

thank you.

Im sure you could also use t-taps so you won't have to splice or cut any wires up

Boscogn

Go Kart Champion

thank you.
Can't u just log through your odb2 port?

Edit: just looked up the thing you're talking about so nevermind. I would start in the fuse box then T tap the signal wire into canbus system. I would repost this in internal electrical area as this really isn't a stupid question lol.

mikejsmith1985

Go Kart Champion

thank you.

Definitely recommend posi-tap connectors for a clean minimal fuss install of anything that gets tapped/spliced into the factory harness. Basically the only "damage" to the harness is a needle hole.

Posi-tap Connectors, 20-22 Gauge Wire, Bulk Pack of 20 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004D0C2RC/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_ytSLybH0FEE3P

brobst

Go Kart Champion
My door is getting harder to close. I'm assuming due to weather wear. What kind of lubricant can I get to spray on the joint so its easier to shut? Other 3 doors are much easier to close.

Sent from phone Tapa