GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread

Boscogn

Go Kart Champion
My door is getting harder to close. I'm assuming due to weather wear. What kind of lubricant can I get to spray on the joint so its easier to shut? Other 3 doors are much easier to close.

Sent from phone Tapa
White lithium grease

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

mikejsmith1985

Go Kart Champion
Does anyone know the simplest way to access the pivot bolt for the brake pedal assembly on DSG?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gino

Ready to race!
Today I had my new wheels and tires installed. Machined balanced and all. Prior to this getting up to 80mph on the highway I would experience some wobble. I had assumed that my cord showing tires were the cause at the time. Well, today getting up to 80mph on the new set up I still got some wobble. I have a alignment and corner balance set up for Wednesday. What I am wondering is, could the wobble be a result of failing bushings in the control arms? I've done 5K mile alignments and tire rotations and no one has said anything about failing parts of any sort. My car is at 90K+ miles so maybe it is just time.

MK6NGT

Ready to race!
had an issue shifting from first to second the other day, now it's hard to shift into gears when rpms are high, lower rpms the car shifts fine and there are no issues. If I'm shifting quickly or at higher rpms, it's very hard to get into gear. From a stop when it's cold it goes into gears fine, and when it's warm same thing gears are easy to engage. Clutch pedal feels like it may need adjusting, as the engagement is off...

any ideas?

mikejsmith1985

Go Kart Champion
Does anyone know the simplest way to access the pivot bolt for the brake pedal assembly on DSG?

So the answer is to grab 2 13 mm wrenches (one ratchet preferred) and lay under the dash, move the foam away and just undo the bolt and pull it out [emoji106]

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Today I had my new wheels and tires installed. Machined balanced and all. Prior to this getting up to 80mph on the highway I would experience some wobble. I had assumed that my cord showing tires were the cause at the time. Well, today getting up to 80mph on the new set up I still got some wobble. I have a alignment and corner balance set up for Wednesday. What I am wondering is, could the wobble be a result of failing bushings in the control arms? I've done 5K mile alignments and tire rotations and no one has said anything about failing parts of any sort. My car is at 90K+ miles so maybe it is just time.

my first guess is did you put new hub rings on? or at all? could be bushings but ive had issues with no or extra hub rings on there similar to what you have stated here...

MK6NGT

Ready to race!
had an issue shifting from first to second the other day, now it's hard to shift into gears when rpms are high, lower rpms the car shifts fine and there are no issues. If I'm shifting quickly or at higher rpms, it's very hard to get into gear. From a stop when it's cold it goes into gears fine, and when it's warm same thing gears are easy to engage. Clutch pedal feels like it may need adjusting, as the engagement is off...

any ideas?

Hoping I didn't blow some shit up, but for just driving it normal not even trying to shift quickly or whatever it shouldn't have done that. I'm thinking clutch pedal adjustment got knocked out of place and possibly the trans fluid needs to be changed...not leaking or anything and only 32k on the car at this point.

1ashchuckton

Autocross Champion
I'd change the trans fluid first & see if that helps before diving in to adjust the clutch pedal. I can't fathom how that would get out of adjustment.

MK6NGT

Ready to race!
Do you have either of the following updated:
mounts or clutch?

Sent from phone Tapa

HOD 6gt clutch went in 5k ago, mounts are stock

brobst

Go Kart Champion
HOD 6gt clutch went in 5k ago, mounts are stock
Are you able to lift you car and inspect your subframe mount pucks? Since this is only during harder acceleration, I wonder if its due to motor rock. Just check the stock puck to ensure it isnt cracking or rubber is damaged.

Sent from phone Tapa

MK6NGT

Ready to race!
Are you able to lift you car and inspect your subframe mount pucks? Since this is only during harder acceleration, I wonder if its due to motor rock. Just check the stock puck to ensure it isnt cracking or rubber is damaged.

Sent from phone Tapa

Will do

ahard48

Ready to race!
Anyone color match stock side skirts on CW?

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Can you over rotate your tires? Like too frequently

Sent from phone Tapa

It wont wear anything out but yourself lol.