GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR 2.0 TSI K04 v3.1 Software Now Available!

vwgti2.0t

Go Kart Champion
Is everybody peaking to 27-28? I can barely hit 25 psi after v3.1.

What gauge are you using? The electric ones suck for showing peaks. I will never, ever run another electric gauge in any car. Mechanical all the way.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Kal-GTI

Ready to race!
Looks like the exact same guage as you. New south mechanical.

vwgti2.0t

Go Kart Champion
Looks like the exact same guage as you. New south mechanical.

Hmm well that's not right then. Put it in third or fourth at 2800rpm, floor it and see what it says when you hit 4k. It's hitting that pretty regularly, and hits around 25 pretty much every time I'm into it over 4k. If you aren't seeing this, either you have a boost leak somewhere or possibly just an off gauge. You could start with either a boost leak check or by running some logs.

Jamie@APR

Ready to race!
I'm quite surprised there aren't more YouTube videos with the tags APR k04 v3.1 yet lol. I have heard of some nice kill stories but no videos. The GolfMK6 group is deviating from it's history of vids lol.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
My gopro upgrade money went /will go to TCU extract, DSG flash labor, K04 update labor, 3bar map sensor, 3bar map sensor 15min install. phew...

Video's next week hopefully and of first autox with everything on it.

GlfSprtCT1

Go Kart Champion
Friend of mine did the upgrade from v3 to 3.1.. loves it!! Echos what others have said.. this is what the ko4 tune should have been all along.

hockeystar17mnj

Ready to race!
Hmm well that's not right then. Put it in third or fourth at 2800rpm, floor it and see what it says when you hit 4k. It's hitting that pretty regularly, and hits around 25 pretty much every time I'm into it over 4k. If you aren't seeing this, either you have a boost leak somewhere or possibly just an off gauge. You could start with either a boost leak check or by running some logs.

I concur, I hit 18psi up to 4k. Once past that it goes to 26-27psi and holds.then tapers off toward red line. I did some logs tonight and I get max correction factor of -4.5. with a flow of 258 g/s.
I'll be trying the 8 plugs myself to see if I can get rid of the correction factor.

NoSpark

Go Kart Champion
I'm quite surprised there aren't more YouTube videos with the tags APR k04 v3.1 yet lol. I have heard of some nice kill stories but no videos. The GolfMK6 group is deviating from it's history of vids lol.

Waiting on GoPro footage from a friend. Have a nice kill on a newer M3 at WannaGoFast among others :)

sent from GS4 using tapatalk

GlowstickNinja21

Ready to race!
I get the recommended plugs tomorrow. I want to get the 91 file and test a different type of gas (Shell) on the current PFR7B plugs I have in, then I'll swap over to these colder 8 series plugs to test everything again. In a little bit I have hockeystarnj coming over to log his 93 file to check his CF.

Nice!
Ryan, thanks for being the guinea pig! Once I get everything put together I will be in the same boat.

xHeartcoreboyx

IceCream GTI
Yes they should be fine. Just be sure to replace them at 15k miles or less for optimal performance, gapped to 0.028". We are pushing things a LOT more than OEM standards so don't expect the longevity to be what it says in the owners manual lol.

Thats good to know! I had my plugs for around 20k miles and ordered new plugs yesterday.

Do you have any recommendations about the DSG service?

It's only street driven, but I do push the car around..

PS you mentioned faulty PCV being an issue, how do you guys diagnose that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

greasyginzo

Go Kart Champion
We Jersey guys should meet up for some pulls down in Mexico...I got aSony Action Cam so it can all be documented on video.

Kal-GTI

Ready to race!

Sorry, but in my area if you don't have a riced out honda/Z, diesel pickup, or american muscle, people aren't paying you any attention. My car is incognito, other than the turbo noise, so I've never had anybody mess with me. Most people are like is that a diesel? You get 50 mpg with that car? lol.

Anyways, to run good logs with v3.1 k04, do I need to upgrade to APR app? Or will my vag-com give me the information I need. I am barely hitting 25 lbs of boost and would like to try to see where my problem might be. Start with logs to see if I'm hitting requested first. Judging from my gauge and past logs, the two numbers are really close so I think my gauge is fine. I noticed on my 3.0 logs I was barely meeting requested but I had a lot of n75 activity. I might try and do logs tonight and see what I find. Might try a video of the boost gauge during the run also.

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion

I got you, give me some time.