GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Big Turbo Discussion Thread #2

vwgti2.0t

Go Kart Champion
when i messed up one of my seals i went to O'reilys to order new ones and they said they didn't have any in stock for my car. for s/g i asked to look up if they had any for a 2009 cobalt ss and his eyes got wide. "whoa, same part number! ...still don't have them though." :mad:

Nice. That's awesome. I also put mine on with a bunch of lube, some picks and my fingers...then I ran a few sockets over them to try and taper them again and put them in. No special million dollar OEM tool needed. There used to be that VW tech on here that would legit lose his mind if you told him you put those seals on without the tool and would say they would leak. LOL.

jettaglx91

Go Kart Champion
I think I just gave GUST more headroom last night. I was talking to Frank Mabo (a guy online that tunes Eurodyne and who is tuning Gustavo's car) about boost control, and after a while I finally realized he is NOT in the US. In case anyone was wondering, ROW cars stock had a A/F of 11.5, where US cars have an A/F stock of 13.1.

I send him some logs and he was telling me that 12.5 was incredibly lean. I was super confused for like 20 minutes until I figured the above fact out.

Wow. I didn't know ROW cars have a 11.5Afr. Don't they have a better HPFP than us? Could that be why they were able to run more rich?

Exactly what I thought. Plus shittier fuel.

I dont remember the reason but there is something about why they run the car so much "richer" but is doesn't directly translate over to what we are used to in the states

Their regular fuel is often "shittier" by the octane rating but make up for it with the ethanol. Obviously that could be good or bad depending on the application. In south america they seem to get lower octane with more ethanol but europe seems to get better octane fuel readily available.

Yea for his ROW TSI 500whp+ should be no problem with the injectors and upgraded fuel pump. I know he mentioned loba but pretty sure APR can upgrade those as well(APR Australia has alot of fast TSIs)

vwgti2.0t

Go Kart Champion
I dont remember the reason but there is something about why they run the car so much "richer" but is doesn't directly translate over to what we are used to in the states

Their regular fuel is often "shittier" by the octane rating but make up for it with the ethanol. Obviously that could be good or bad depending on the application. In south america they seem to get lower octane with more ethanol but europe seems to get better octane fuel readily available.

Yea for his ROW TSI 500whp+ should be no problem with the injectors and upgraded fuel pump. I know he mentioned loba but pretty sure APR can upgrade those as well(APR Australia has alot of fast TSIs)

Its the ethanol content. Just hit me. Stoich for our gas is 14.7. Stoich for e85 is like 9.8. So if their gas is E25, it would make sense why they run a richer A/F, because stoich is a lot lower (in between 14.7 and 9.8).

drepai

Go Kart Champion
And while the LDKs are ~30% bigger than stock, the LNFs are ~18%, so while not as good as the LDKs, they are bigger than the stock TSIs

Yeah man, the reason I bought them was because I thought 18% would be plenty. I maxed them out at 24 psi on a gtx3076r while spraying a bunch of meth, I doubt I'd get more than 20 on straight pump. Erball had the same problem, he's on etuners and ran out of fuel with lnfs around 20 psi on a 5858.

RJ runs the OPEL ones and he has fuel for days. For me, real world results speak louder than anything, that's why I say LNFs aren't a significant improvement.

gustkiller

Ready to race!

John@Unitronic

Go Kart Champion

drepai

Go Kart Champion
With all due respect, I think you're making an inaccurate assumption.

Yeah RJ, don't you know uni plates the injectors in rare, secret metals and uses a 100-carat diamond to shave off the Bosch part numbers. Rumor has it that USP uses the same methods [emoji58]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vwgti2.0t

Go Kart Champion
Yeah RJ, don't you know uni plates the injectors in rare, secret metals and uses a 100-carat diamond to shave off the Bosch part numbers. Rumor has it that USP uses the same methods [emoji58]

Seriously. And I'm guessing their pump and controller isn't from the TTRS either.