GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Big Turbo Discussion Thread #2

vwgti2.0t

Go Kart Champion
Someone please explain how andrea just added a 1000cc 5th injector and had no hpfp issues with an additional injector sucking fuel like a 2cent hooker jonsen for a fix.

Because an additional port injector has absolutely nothing to do with the HPFP... It runs off low pressure, not high pressure.

Duty cycles on both were in check is my guess, he never stated he hadn't had any issues either.

I'm running 30psi on my 6262 and have not run out of fuel and I do run a tad on the richer side.

Those big meth jets do wonders!

U-20T

Go Kart Champion
Because LP aux injectors don't tax the HPFP? What do I win?

I think some people are hoping for a 600hp option with meth but without aux injection. Otherwise aux injection and a robust LPFP setup will get you there, just a lot more setup/tuning needed.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

It does and can tax it, they run off the same lpfp. but with modulation on both sides in can work. Or just have a real good low pressure feed.

U-20T

Go Kart Champion
Because an additional port injector has absolutely nothing to do with the HPFP... It runs off low pressure, not high pressure.

Those big meth jets do wonders!

Same as Andre now (unless he upsized since his last dyno), 5858 I was less.

I think derek means how is it not robbing too much fuel from the hpfp feed

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
It does and can tax it, they run off the same lpfp. but with modulation on both sides in can work. Or just have a real good low pressure feed.
I think it's sorta unnecessary to point out that yes, if you don't upgrade your lpfp with a 5th injector setup it can allow the HPFP to starve.

A fifth injector might share the fuel source but doesn't steal high pressure fuel from the main injectors, that was my comment.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

vwgti2.0t

Go Kart Champion
Same as Andre now (unless he upsized since his last dyno), 5858 I was less.

I think derek means how is it not robbing too much fuel from the hpfp feed

Oh I thought yours were bigger. I think before the 5th injector he was only running 4x.6 DP's, and I'm not sure what the TB pipe nozzle was. I'm running .6's as well and flow a ton less air than you guys for sure.

And I think he meant the other way, but regardless like you said if you have a really good LPFP system it should take away at all from the HPFP.

wndwsdwngti860

Upsidedown
Ive been in contact with LOBA for their hpfp for over a year and a half. everytime I ask, "we are still developing it" not much of an answer but I wouldnt hold my breath.

wndwsdwngti860

Upsidedown
has anyone upgraded their fans?
Had a small temperature spike today and got me thinking. Ive done tons of mishimoto slim fans installs on other vehicles so why not the gti?! since the oem has a 4 wire connector and module what would be the best way to do this? pop oem fan off, take motor out, keep module in place, splice in new fan power and ground, enjoy?

just a thought for now and if it works eveyone could benefit from it since:
1) it shouldnt be too hard
2) the mishimoto slims are relatively cheap when compared to replacing oem.

kern417

Go Kart Champion
temp spikes aren't bad. fans would only be needed if you can't bring temps back down. my temps go up to 220 sometimes before they come back down, but they always come back down.

ecs has sizes listed for each of the fans in the shroud. but it's a tight fit as is, is the mishimoto version that much thinner/efficient?

wndwsdwngti860

Upsidedown
temp spikes aren't bad. fans would only be needed if you can't bring temps back down. my temps go up to 220 sometimes before they come back down, but they always come back down.

ecs has sizes listed for each of the fans in the shroud. but it's a tight fit as is, is the mishimoto version that much thinner/efficient?

Yea the mishimoto would be 14" for the latger and 12" for the smaller. what makes them even better is they are not exposed so (like ive encountered once without knowing) you wont have to risk the throttle body pipe getting sliced open by the fan.

and yea way more output from these. just did a set on my buddys fox body mustang. used to sit a little over 190 on the gauge at idle and now hangs out around 175/180 at idle.

bigturbonyc

Ready to race!
Only reason I'd want to change the fans is for the tighter fitment, expecially with the drop in intercoolers pushing shit closer, ac lines are close etc. Small fan is the module however.

wndwsdwngti860

Upsidedown
Jesus, do you have an angle grinder for a fan or something, lol.

RIGHT?! i had no idea! i was getting throttle cuts and codes for MAP sensor that had me going crazy! obviously coulndt see it and when i finally did a boost leak test sure enough thats what i found! all fixed now but definitely need to swap this out soon

Im thinking im going to go ahead and order the mishimoto fan and be the guinea pig on this. I did however see a puddle of coolant under the car this morning and looks like its either ANOTHER water pump or the feed hose for the radiator (looks to be coming from the clamp). Going to try the hose first while i wait for the fan.

Cadubya

Autocross Newbie
RIGHT?! i had no idea! i was getting throttle cuts and codes for MAP sensor that had me going crazy! obviously coulndt see it and when i finally did a boost leak test sure enough thats what i found! all fixed now but definitely need to swap this out soon

Im thinking im going to go ahead and order the mishimoto fan and be the guinea pig on this. I did however see a puddle of coolant under the car this morning and looks like its either ANOTHER water pump or the feed hose for the radiator (looks to be coming from the clamp). Going to try the hose first while i wait for the fan.

That's just poor fitment. I've got an APR intercooler and a TyrolSport radiator and mine clears my Neuspeed throttle pipe. Not a mark on it. Maybe your fan is jacked up and out of balance and spins wonky when it goes high speed.