GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

HYDE16 - The Pag Parts EFR Turbo Kit

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion
I read your post that explains the issues that you had when you dynoed your EFR kit and that would surely effect the results,but did any of the other EFR customers post dynos?

At sometime in the future your car will need to pass smog will you be able to pass smog with this EFR kit or will it have to be removed to pass smog?

Dyno’s for this EFR turbo hasn’t been posted yet but we’ve seen 500+whp dyno’s with other comparable turbos. There’s no doubt that the numbers are way off from what they should be in light of the issues that will be resolved shortly. As for passing smog, each state will have different criteria. In NJ we can go to a local shop to plug in for a readiness check. I'm due for inspection this September, we'll see what happens.

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion
A few updates since round 2 has begun. The teardown has started for the larger 83mm CP Pistons, engine rebuild with full valvetrain upgrade.

s word

Ready to race!
Nice work Ryan. Can't wait to see the final numbers. My TOP connection is on the fritz again. Cracked the TOP side this time. I had been running stock TOP since no aftermarket solution would seal up tight for me. I have been waiting (5 week backorder) on a S3 TOP from AWE which eliminates the clip connection but was curious what solution you were going for on yours?

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion
Nice work Ryan. Can't wait to see the final numbers. My TOP connection is on the fritz again. Cracked the TOP side this time. I had been running stock TOP since no aftermarket solution would seal up tight for me. I have been waiting (5 week backorder) on a S3 TOP from AWE which eliminates the clip connection but was curious what solution you were going for on yours?

Arnold is building me a new FMIC with hard pipe connection from turbo outlet to throttle body pipe.

zrickety

The Fixer
Hard piping those sounds like a bad idea, but I wish you luck.

s word

Ready to race!
I meant hard pipe to remove the shitty o-ring design. There will be some sort of break or connection from the TOP to the IC and from the IC to the TBP.

I just want hose over pipe connection not o-ring/c clip too. I read your response the same as the other guy and was thinking hard pipe thru the whole thing...good luck, thanks for clarifying. I know you knew better but it looked funny at first.

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
I have been waiting (5 week backorder) on a S3 TOP from AWE which eliminates the clip connection but was curious what solution you were going for on yours?

5 weeks?!? :eek:

I couldn't stand waiting 3 weeks and finally just canceled the order since it didn't seem like they were ever going to send me one.
And that was a couple months ago when he told me they were producing them

GroceriesVR6

Passed Driver's Ed
Sub'd. I'm also hoping other tuners support the efr for mk6 guys. I'm kind of weary of maestro after all of the negative feedback I've seen "/

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

I talked to Unitronic and they said they could. The intake would have to have the MAF in the stock location and wastegate preload pressure would need to set to 12psi. Would be nice for them to announce what exactly they do/do not tune.

Last edited: