GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread

gijoewoz

Go Kart Champion
Do I need a VW specific OBDII to reset the airbag light? My head unit (Kenwood) can reset the light if I unplug the dash light, but it hasn't been able to reset the light after disconnecting the door sensors. I drilled out the stupid ass rivets holding the window regulator panel on, and replaced them with proper hardware.

BjxGTI

Ready to race!
IMG_20200528_174648.jpg

Fml this happened today, should I get another set of dg spring or go with others? Suggestions?

I just replaced the front koni yellows recently because they were blown out too...

BjxGTI

Ready to race!
Jeez, man!

Depends on what you want to do. Ever consider coilovers?

At this point, I don't think so, especially that I just bought brand new koni yellows lol.

I dont track the car, just spirited drive most of the time.

BjxGTI

Ready to race!
So ride height isn't that important? What about VWR?

I'll take a look at it! You got a link? 🤣

Edit: I see you have VWR, what do you think about them?

Last edited:

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
View attachment 174856
Fml this happened today, should I get another set of dg spring or go with others? Suggestions?

I just replaced the front koni yellows recently because they were blown out too...
WOW
Was it two (or 3) years ago we put those in?
Unfortunately, I've seen the DG springs fail/rust like that a hand full of times but yeah...that sucks

Did Koni warranty the dampers?

BjxGTI

Ready to race!
WOW
Was it two (or 3) years ago we put those in?
Unfortunately, I've seen the DG springs fail/rust like that a hand full of times but yeah...that sucks

Did Koni warranty the dampers?

What's up dan! Yes I think it was 3 years ago!

I didn't bother with the warranty because it was too much of a hassle for me at that time

OrangeSpy

Ready to race!
Does anyone know what measurements are on Block 81 on a VCDS???

OrangeSpy

Ready to race!
Thanks!
Is that it?

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
Kicked the mattress and found a little cash. Any recs for worth while mods around a couple hundred bucks or less? No shifter, no coils, no intake