GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ChiChat19: 10k Posts Achieved In Revived Dead Thread

dustbunny227

Autocross Champion
Did my first water pump on a coworkers Mk6 GTI this weekend. What a bitch.

Also the replacement top we bought for the GF's jeep didn't fit so thats great. Gotta send that back and look for a a used one locally since we need one by this weekend.
No hard top? Also don't the tops need to stretch a bit to fit? Im on my second water pump that was replaced under warranty so I never had to do it myself, glad I didn't.

1ashchuckton

Autocross Champion
I have never put a top on a Jeep. The ones I've done on MG's were a royal pain in the arse. Parking out in the strong sun on a hot day & I was able to latch them up. Before the solar treatment it wasn't going to happen.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Did my first water pump on a coworkers Mk6 GTI this weekend. What a bitch.

Also the replacement top we bought for the GF's jeep didn't fit so thats great. Gotta send that back and look for a a used one locally since we need one by this weekend.
heat gun?

torga

Autocross Champion
Ah...was expecting my refinance to move forward today but I didn't realize it was a holiday. Seems kinda fucked to have Columbus day and Indigenous peoples day on the same day.
The idea is that Indigenous People's Day replaces Columbus Day, and in some cities and states it already has. But Columbus Day is still the official federal holiday, so it's not coming off our "US Holiday" Google/Apple/Outlook calendars any time soon. I'm not sure what Apple/Outlook does, but Google includes both holidays now.

KollinWithaK

Autocross Champion
No hard top? Also don't the tops need to stretch a bit to fit? Im on my second water pump that was replaced under warranty so I never had to do it myself, glad I didn't.

Nope, GF likes soft tops better and they are cheaper. They do need to bake in the sun to stretch a bit but ours straight up did not match with the hardware we already have on hand.

I have never put a top on a Jeep. The ones I've done on MG's were a royal pain in the arse. Parking out in the strong sun on a hot day & I was able to latch them up. Before the solar treatment it wasn't going to happen.

Yeah baking in the sun is a generally accepted step in putting a new top on.

heat gun?

Hah.

dustbunny227

Autocross Champion
Nope, GF likes soft tops better and they are cheaper. They do need to bake in the sun to stretch a bit but ours straight up did not match with the hardware we already have on hand.

Yeah baking in the sun is a generally accepted step in putting a new top on.

Hah.
Was it ordered by Vin number? Or just like the year and model?

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Dang bittersweet day. I told my team that I'm leaving finally, my boss wanted to keep it hush until he could figure out what the plan is. I've worked with most of the guys on my team for over 10 years.... Those mofo's got me in the feels. All of them congratulated me and were happy. A few of them told me I was the best boss they've ever had, how I taught them so much etc. I didn't think I would have feels about it but I did.