GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

4motion swapped 2.5 turbo Variant Build

SoWalGTI

Autocross Champion
Started work on the Mil-Spec motorsport harness.

3 bulkheads will be used in the rain tray at the LHD delete panel. Stealth harness will then flow into inner fender and up to engine accessories.

Got the bulkheads mounted after drilling the delete panel and fitting the nut plates. Really happy with how this turned out. Time to start pinning contacts!

SoWalGTI

Autocross Champion
Thanks to Junior at Jaaatt Engineering in the UK, I've been able to get this bespoke part completed.

This one-off design allows the 2.5 throttle body to mate perfectly to the TTRS/RS3 plenum, while allowing proper clearance to the new MAP sensor location.

Why not just run the TTRS/RSE throttle body? Good question, the reason being that the F/I tune from United Motorsport does not play nicely with the larger TB size, and they are unwilling to support this platform with custom tuning. In order to run the TTRS/RSE TB, you'd need to move over to a stand-alone ECU setup such as EMU Black and custom tuning.

In the future, that will be my goal, but for V2 of this setup, I'm going to see what we can squeeze out with 1000cc injectors and the UM F/I tune. More to come soon, as I'm still awaiting a few one-off parts.

zrickety

The Fixer
Thanks to Junior at Jaaatt Engineering in the UK, I've been able to get this bespoke part completed.

This one-off design allows the 2.5 throttle body to mate perfectly to the TTRS/RS3 plenum, while allowing proper clearance to the new MAP sensor location.

Why not just run the TTRS/RSE throttle body? Good question, the reason being that the F/I tune from United Motorsport does not play nicely with the larger TB size, and they are unwilling to support this platform with custom tuning. In order to run the TTRS/RSE TB, you'd need to move over to a stand-alone ECU setup such as EMU Black and custom tuning.

In the future, that will be my goal, but for V2 of this setup, I'm going to see what we can squeeze out with 1000cc injectors and the UM F/I tune. More to come soon, as I'm still awaiting a few one-off parts.

Very cool!

SoWalGTI

Autocross Champion
Whoa. It's been quite a while since my last update, but I've been very hard at work on the car. I'll be updating the thread over the next few days, but lets catch up with a few items.

ECU and Fueling

I went stand-alone with ECU Masters EMU Black. No more stock ECU and unlimited tuning opportunity now. I've eliminated several emissions components, ditched the OE sensors and opted to run Motorsport sensors that are much faster at transferring data vs stock. More on that later.

I also upgraded injectors to the Injector Dynamics 1050-XDS injectors (TTRS/RS3 upgrade)

I got a few of the sub-harness sorted out

Injector and ignition sub-harnesses
  • M22759/32 Tefzel wire
  • DR-25
  • Labels with clear shrink
  • Raychem boots
  • Deutsch DT connectors

Some hot side part updates:

• I've redone the upper downpipe, more optimally placed the 02 bung and changed the angles. This was done in 321 SS.
  • The compressor housing has been hacked up at the inlet/outlet to convert the silicon joints over to AlphaLoc systems. The inlet has been port matched and the outlet has gone from 2" to 2.5"
  • The tubular manifold, turbine housing, and upper downpipe were sent off to HeaderShield to have their thermal insulation installed

Will post more in the next couple days!

SoWalGTI

Autocross Champion
Swapping the cornsilk beige interior out to titan black. Started with a new set of Recaro Sportster CS in black leather. I'm using Recaro sliders and Planted brackets for mounting.

Next I moved on to the all of the lower dash pieces and center console. I did some custom aluminum paneling to line the glovebox and located the fusebox and data logger for the EMU Black inside. Finished the paneling off with a bead roll around the shape of the fuse box and finished the panel face off in a brushed finish to match the new dash trim. After using the old beige glovebox for mockups, I moved it all over to the new black parts.

SoWalGTI

Autocross Champion
I know I'm terrible at updating this thread, but here we go. I've begun to fab the new boost pipes with LPS AlphaLocs. Using a ton of pie cuts and a brushed finish for a more mechanical look. Should be wrapped up with these in the next couple weeks.

Additionally, I've moved away from the OE oil cooler in favor of an externally mounted oil cooler and thermostat setup. Still awaiting those parts from Setrab, but I've installed the blockoff plate from Four Season Tuning in CA, which is a really nice piece. This allows you to run the OE oil filter assembly and then convert the OE oil cooler into two ports for your oil line routing in it's place. As always, will be use -10AN Aeroqiup Startlite hose/fittings here.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
The level of quality in all of this is truly outstanding! How has the car been driving??

SoWalGTI

Autocross Champion
The level of quality in all of this is truly outstanding! How has the car been driving??

I haven't driven it in a year now with all the new work I've been putting into it. It'll be much different this go round being on stand-alone engine management, custom tune, etc.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
I haven't driven it in a year now with all the new work I've been putting into it. It'll be much different this go round being on stand-alone engine management, custom tune, etc.
thats gotta kill man haha. would love to try some really in-depth stuff like this (not that it would be any good) but i would miss driving so much