GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Dude's R Build

thedude4bides

Go Kart Champion
Rattles are Mk6 golf chassis specific I think. The Tiguan has zero rattles. If you took all the jap shit boxes I had over the years, all with over 100k miles, put them all together, my GTI would still have rattled more. It was completely maddening.

Tiggy probably has a much softer suspension so it may be less rattly prone. Who knows. Good to see you pop in here:thumbsup:

EJBGTIVI

Autocross Champion
watched that entire vid. looks like an easy product to use. but a lot of work, if you have to first wash, clay bar, polish, and then do this clearquartz stuff.

and with the Cali droughts i feel ashamed when the neighbors see me washing my car outside.. i wait until the evening when less people are driving by. and i barely wash it anymore, maybe once every 2 weeks. not like i waste tons of water tho.. i just wet the car.. and later rinse it off.

You should use ONR, perfect for your situation.

thedude4bides

Go Kart Champion
watching this vid now. i dont get how you can wash it without making scratches.

I actually have a gallon of the chemical guys Eco wash. Same idea as ONR. I would only use it if the car is barely dirty, like if I needed it clean 3-4days after a real wash for some reason. but that's just me. The few times i did use it it was only for spot cleaning and not the whole car. Worked well from what I can tell. I was VERY light with the microfiber.

EJBGTIVI

Autocross Champion

McQueen77

Banned
Tiggy probably has a much softer suspension so it may be less rattly prone. Who knows. Good to see you pop in here:thumbsup:

That is definitely a factor most likely. I never did go to 17's on the GTI, which prob would have been better. Thanks. Nice to pop in now and then. Last time I looked, no one I knew was talking on here and it was just Plac talking to himself on his own thread about how great his Subaru was, so I bailed again. Everyone went to that other random forum? I didn't like the look of that one and 2 forums is plenty.

thedude4bides

Go Kart Champion
At APTuning having ECS drilled slotted rotors installed with carbotech 1521 pads, Neuspeed charge/discharge pipes, and a BSH pendulum mount.

I wrapped the pipes in gold heat wrap. No idea if it has any benefit but I had the extra foil and wanted to practice before doing my intake.

I think it came out well and I didn't waste any foil in the process via mistakes. I'm waiting to do the intake because I'll be running before/after logs to measure change in air temps... For science:D

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
clean tape install, nice.

At APTuning having ECS drilled slotted rotors installed with carbotech 1521 pads, Neuspeed charge/discharge pipes, and a BSH pendulum mount.

I wrapped the pipes in gold heat wrap. No idea if it has any benefit but I had the extra foil and wanted to practice before doing my intake.

I think it came out well and I didn't waste any foil in the process via mistakes. I'm waiting to do the intake because I'll be running before/after logs to measure change in air temps... For science:D

thedude4bides

Go Kart Champion
I've had a full weekend of driving with the new parts installed so I'll post my thoughts:

-the BSH pendulum mount really tightened up the shifting feel. I've had the USP Spulen track insert in for over a year and it helped for sure, but the stock pendulum mount still has a lot of play in the bushing so there was still some slop. This piece took care of the remaining slop and the engine movement in agressive driving is noticeable reduced. What I really like about it is the greater connection to the road and car it gives. 10/10 would do again.

-the neuspeed turbo inlet/outlet pipes made a noticeable difference in turbo spool and seem to hold boost better up top. You can feel it for sure and it feels good. Great mod for maxing out a stage 2+ R. A nice added benefit is the turbo sounds a little bit louder since the stock sound reducer is gone. 10/10 would do again.

- ECS drilled slotted rotors with carbotech pads seemed to have improved pedal feel somehow, but I feel like the initial bite was better with the stockers. Maybe they do have greater stopping power but I rarely ever need that. The looks are obviously way sexier than stock. 7/10 overall I'm happy but there may be better options out there. Loss of initial bite is overcome by the looks, improved pedal feel, and a lot less brake dust.

thedude4bides

Go Kart Champion
Looks good! :thumbup:
Thanks man:D

-----------------

Shortly after putting the neuspeeds with PSS's on for the summer I noticed a slight vibration at highway speeds. Had the tires balanced this morning after noting no unusual or uneven wear. Going to go test them out to see if the balancing did the trick.

I'm due for a new set of tires soon anyway. Tread on the rears are pretty low. The PSS's are on back order so I'm thinking of trying a different set of summer performance tires. Maybe BFG Rivals... Not sure yet.

Irishbri

Go Kart Champion
Nice car mang!! 12/10 would read again.
APTuning is my joint too.....where do you live?