GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Dude's R Build

thedude4bides

Go Kart Champion
Stopped for a photo during a spirited backroad drive after giving her a bath.

trev1342

Go Kart Champion
Great build thread. Love the progress made, gorgeous car. :D

rawbdog

Go Kart Champion
80k and car looks SO dialed still. Much respect. :thumbsup:

thedude4bides

Go Kart Champion
80k and car looks SO dialed still. Much respect. :thumbsup:

Thank you, my brutha:D I wasn't going to post this in here but since you popped in and I know you'd appreciate it...I recently got nailed going 74 in a 55 on my way to work. I fought the ticket and got it lowered to 59 in a 55 with no points and no insurance increase but I still had to pay the fine/court costs etc.

-------------------

On another front, the Re-71r's are on the R. I am really liking the grip. Grips for days on end. Handling is tight. Very similar to the Michilin PSS that I had on previously in dry conditions... maybe a tiny bit more road noise. Haven't been able to compare the wet traction yet though. I suspect it will be hard to be as good as the michilins in the wet.

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
I recently got nailed going 74 in a 55 on my way to work. I fought the ticket and got it lowered to 59 in a 55 with no points and no insurance increase but I still had to pay the fine/court costs etc.

how the hell do you fight a ticket that was caught on radar? thats never worked for me. did you pay $1000 to a lawyer?

thedude4bides

Go Kart Champion
how the hell do you fight a ticket that was caught on radar? thats never worked for me. did you pay $1000 to a lawyer?

Honestly, I was real nervous about it because I've only ever done this in PA. This was in NJ and almost everything I looked up online suggested a lawyer. I took my chances without one. I plead not guilty and showed up to my court date. Talked to the prosecutor and he offered the lowered charge which I happily plead guilty to. They are more interested in the $$$ than ruining my driving record. I think having a good driving record helps in these types of matters.

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
Honestly, I was real nervous about it because I've only ever done this in PA. This was in NJ and almost everything I looked up online suggested a lawyer. I took my chances without one. I plead not guilty and showed up to my court date. Talked to the prosecutor and he offered the lowered charge which I happily plead guilty to. They are more interested in the $$$ than ruining my driving record. I think having a good driving record helps in these types of matters.

oh so you didnt need to pay a lawyer or anything.. and no points is the #1 key. if you get a point or 2 on your record you just drive around stressed all the time waiting for that next ticket.

did you wear a tie and bull shit it up or did you just wear a t shirt?

thedude4bides

Go Kart Champion
No, I didn't wear my phish T-shirt haha. I dressed business casual. Khakis. Like Jake. From State Farm:D

I almost forgot to mention... I had my alignment checked when the new rubber was put on. Tip top. Crazy. I expected something to be out of whack since I hit some pretty rough patches over the winter/spring. I haven't needed an alignment in over two years since I put in the Tyrolsport Deadset kit.