GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

List of Popular MKVI VAG-COM Tweaks

xd-data-ii

Go Kart Champion
I found out!

Go to controller 17-instrument, chose adaptation, find Volume to be replenished in the drop down menu, change the stored value from no to yes and hit Do it.

The refuel screen now appears in the MFD within the trip and fuel consumption stats. If the volume required to refuel is < 5 liters it will show --- l. Don't know the minimum value in gal. though.

Excellent!! Applied it and it worked.
Thank you

Lmike6453

Ready to race!
Anybody know if there is a tweak to extend the amount of time the car will stay unlocked after unlocking it before I open any doors. I think its like 10 or 15 seconds now. I would like about 30 seconds, maybe more.
I have a 2014 GTI Drivers Edition.

In for answer. This would be awesome for when I go to the gas station, use their bathroom, come out, unlock the car, fill up, and when I go to close my gas cap it never lets me until I unlock it again lmao - gets me everytime and makes me look like a tard :bonk:

thegave

Ready to race!
I don't think you can. Every car with central locking ever automatically re-locks itself after about 30 seconds if no doors are opened after it is unlocked.

golf 6

Ready to race!
So I recently replaced my fog lights with LED's. and got the Light out code... I looked through the thread but could not find anything on LED Fog light error coding. I have led Tail lights with the resistor. Please help..
I believe if you fit them aftermarket there is 2 wire options and one with I think kufatech cable to enable light out so there must be a way to do it

mr wrong

Drag Racing Champion
Can someone point me to the coding for the street parking lights (where only one side illuminates depending on what direction the turn signal switch is in)..

Abbott Martin

Go Kart Champion
Any way to adjust the blinking esp off light in 2010 cars?

goose1

Ready to race!
Excellent!! Applied it and it worked.
Thank you
Did mine and it shows up in gallons

sent via carrier potato

goose1

Ready to race!
We will see over time how accurate it is because right after I took that it went down to 2 gallons

sent via carrier potato

eduardot

Ready to race!
Can someone point me to the coding for the street parking lights (where only one side illuminates depending on what direction the turn signal switch is in)..

I believe you just need to change your gauge cluster to ROW.

This is not correct. Besides changing the cluster to ROW, you also need to change your wiring to rear fog. I posted about this in this thread, however, the person who started this thread didn't care to add it to the first couple of posts here.

nik

Go Kart Champion
We will see over time how accurate it is because right after I took that it went down to 2 gallons

sent via carrier potato

Did mine last week and filled up a few days later. The cluster was telling me I needed 45 L fuel, whereas the pump clicked off around 40. When I fired the car up it showed --- on the display, which makes total sense since the tank is full.

Also FYI the menu does not work on 2010's as I tried doing one the other day.

Sent from the crapper using Fapatalk

ja17m35

I've got a Passat b7 based on the MK6 platform, bought a retrofit bi-xenon kit from a company fitted the projectors into my reflector headlights but when i turn the HID kit on i get flickering when engine is turned on.....?

I spoke to company that retrofits these kits and he said somewhere in VAG-COM theirs a Channel 55 that you need to enable to be able to tell it that you now have bi-xenons?

Can anyone shine some light?

Thanks
James
England

zrickety

The Fixer
Probably in Central Electrics module...should be a bi-xenon option to check.

ja17m35

Probably in Central Electrics module...should be a bi-xenon option to check.

Ok i did see this option when the guy plugged it into vag com although hes unsure on what this would actually do and whether if it wasn't the right thing I could simply untick and set it back to normal halogens again...sorry sound like a idiot but obviously not exploring this side of the electrics we don't want to mess the whole standard setup up. :w00t:

I've got one set of mullered halogen reflector headlights that are fitted with these mini morrimoto projectors and they have supplied some ballasts and H1 bulbs, as I explained before hand these flicker when car is running. Ive spent so much money on messing around with this and it has ended up that we had to buy new standard headlights from VW in order to get the car back on the road as its my daily.

Thanks
James

zrickety

The Fixer
Oh so it's a custom setup. Might be something with the cold diagnostics which you could turn off. They don't make replicas for the passat that are plug and play?