GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
to be fair this is the thread for stupid questions

Jared32

Ready to race!
Anyone have suggestions on getting the bottom intake manifold bracket on? I can't seem to get it on far enough. I got it on a little but not nearly enough....

Sent from my iPhone 7 Plus

Boscogn

Go Kart Champion
I see alot of DSG GTI owners here...why buy a automatic turbo car? just wondering...wouldnt it be more fun to drive a standard gti? I would love me a 6 speed gti.
I have a dsg so I can beat my meat while I shift faster than then the standard guys.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion
I see alot of DSG GTI owners here...why buy a automatic turbo car? just wondering...wouldnt it be more fun to drive a standard gti? I would love me a 6 speed gti.

Can you also tell me why supercars for the last 5 years don't even have manual transmission anymore?

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Can you also tell me why supercars for the last 5 years don't even have manual transmission anymore?
because they are inefficient and dont let the car preform as intended due to driver error.. so thats why everything is duel clutch/dsg/ etc.

Roctre

Ready to race!
Anyone have suggestions on getting the bottom intake manifold bracket on? I can't seem to get it on far enough. I got it on a little but not nearly enough....

Are you trying to do the bolt or the nut?

Jared32

Ready to race!
Are you trying to do the bolt or the nut?

Both lol I can't seem to get the bracket far enough up for the bolt to go in...

Wermz

Is there a brake pedal "free play" specification (Golf R)? I'm looking through my erWin PDF's and i don't see anything. I wish I'd measured before i did my new pads and brake lines.

But I swear it feels like it goes farther down before engaging. It's been bled, and the ABS was actuated to get air bubbles out. Perhaps it is just in my head.

Wermz

Thanks for the reply.

Yes i did the bed in procedure yesterday.
They are Hawk HP Plus pads. I do believe they have a bit of warm up time to operate at full potential.

Even not warmed up, shouldn't my pedal not feel like it is traveling farther down before engaging? Perhaps that does have some affect with these pads. They are my first set of street/track pads.

Jared32

Ready to race!
Both lol I can't seem to get the bracket far enough up for the bolt to go in...

I got it!!