GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
So I was driving my car this morning and realized that it will only hit about 10lbs of boost, it's idling at about 20inhg.

Anyone has any idea what to check for what went wrong? I also tried to floor it and it seems like it's still got power because I was able to spin thru first and second gear with my snow tires on...

out of curiousity - is this analog or digital measurement?

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
It's a podi gauge so it's analog?

I know right, but it doesn't drive like stock level though, I'll check with my tuner too

Hmmm weird.

Rickybobbi

Ready to race!
Was just wondering if anyone knew the answer to this. So my friend has a MK5 jetta 2.5 and i have a MK6 golf 2.5. We both are running same engines (i thought) but at 130kms my rpm is @2400 while my friend is @3400. both in 5th gear.

aj_law

Go Kart Champion
Is the stock down pipe a 1 or 2 piece construction?

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Is the stock down pipe a 1 or 2 piece construction?
stock is a one piece construction for the downpipe and then a 1 piece construction for the catback.

Aftermarket exhaust usually split the downpipe up into 2 or 3 sections as its easier to ship and allows you to switch between catted/catless and resonated/nonresonated.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Was just wondering if anyone knew the answer to this. So my friend has a MK5 jetta 2.5 and i have a MK6 golf 2.5. We both are running same engines (i thought) but at 130kms my rpm is @2400 while my friend is @3400. both in 5th gear.
your transmission gearing is different.

GTIpowerr

Ready to race!
I recently picked up a MK6 GTI '11, it has the 19" Glendale wheels from the Edition 35 on it. I was wondering if anyone got a picture of those said wheels in all black? Im hobestly not feeling the two-tone color scheme on the wheels and want to paint them black, but i was wondering if it would look good or not.

These wheels

aj_law

Go Kart Champion
stock is a one piece construction for the downpipe and then a 1 piece construction for the catback.

Aftermarket exhaust usually split the downpipe up into 2 or 3 sections as its easier to ship and allows you to switch between catted/catless and resonated/nonresonated.

That's what I thought. Thanks for confirming.

aj_law

Go Kart Champion
I recently picked up a MK6 GTI '11, it has the 19" Glendale wheels from the Edition 35 on it. I was wondering if anyone got a picture of those said wheels in all black? Im hobestly not feeling the two-tone color scheme on the wheels and want to paint them black, but i was wondering if it would look good or not.

These wheels

Personally, I think those wheels are hawt.

LMK if you'd like to part with them or trade for 18" Detroits with (relatively new) Conti DWS06 tires plus cash.

mattttt

Go Kart Champion

These wheels

I say paint them. Never been a big fan of the two tone like this either