GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
I figured as much. Was hoping to get that slight drop. Even the VWR seems like it might be more than I want. I do still want a little bit of gap, so when I load the kids and luggage I am not rubbing constantly.

It wasn't just the springs, it was the entire suspension with dampers, front and back. And I couldn't just get springs because I am swapping out from coil overs.

Still shouldn't have shelled out more than $100 lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jebusfreek666

Ready to race!
Just get VWR, or DG, or H&R Sport springs.

I want DG's, but they no longer make 2dr MT or DSG ones. I did find 4 door of both, but if they are just going to be within a few mm of stock, I don't see the point. But the pics I have seen of the VWR, my second choice, on 2 dr DSG looks way to low for me.

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
I want DG's, but they no longer make 2dr MT or DSG ones. I did find 4 door of both, but if they are just going to be within a few mm of stock, I don't see the point. But the pics I have seen of the VWR, my second choice, on 2 dr DSG looks way to low for me.

Sounds like you should just stay stock height then. Just for looks or performance?

jebusfreek666

Ready to race!
I have MT, yes.

I think i have pics in my build thread of whatg the drop looks like. Vwr springs on koni orange dampers.

Looks nice. Maybe a touch lower than I want to go.... Did they settle any more or do you still have a slight gap? Also, how did they hold up to winter driving? Our winters are brutal and last forever.... feels like game of thrones....

c72k

Go Kart Champion
Is the tyrolsport deadset kit really needed? I'm installing a new front sway and WALK, and currently have the $25 flimsy shim kit from ECS. Beside the shifting subframe, is it worth it to install?

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Looks nice. Maybe a touch lower than I want to go.... Did they settle any more or do you still have a slight gap? Also, how did they hold up to winter driving? Our winters are brutal and last forever.... feels like game of thrones....

It settled a tough more but not that much. Winter driving was fine, so long as I could clear my bumper.

If winter driving is a concern I'd consider coilovers over springs

brobst

Go Kart Champion
He is further north so a lot of snow. I DD my coilovers at the height you see in my build thread. In the winter its ok. I just keep a shovel in the trunk just in case

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Boscogn

Go Kart Champion
Is the tyrolsport deadset kit really needed? I'm installing a new front sway and WALK, and currently have the $25 flimsy shim kit from ECS. Beside the shifting subframe, is it worth it to install?
Ya. It's cheap too. Eventually you'll get the subframe clunk which is annoying and this fixes that. If you're already dropping subframe for fsb then by God plz put this kit in at same time. It takes literally prolly 5min of extra effort for much benefit.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

jebusfreek666

Ready to race!

c72k

Go Kart Champion
Ya. It's cheap too. Eventually you'll get the subframe clunk which is annoying and this fixes that. If you're already dropping subframe for fsb then by God plz put this kit in at same time. It takes literally prolly 5min of extra effort for much benefit.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

Thanks for the reply. I'll go ahead with it. :thumbsup:

Dub_Polo

Ready to race!
Going cobb stage 1, should I replace the coil packs?

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie

brobst

Go Kart Champion