GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread

smanierre

Autocross Champion
lowered gti with fsb on soft and rsb on hard, its like a gokart can confirm.

especially with antilift kit.
Ordering alk next week

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

smanierre

Autocross Champion

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Was gonna do the powerflex black

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
Excellent choice. I've replaced every bushing in my car with powerflex black. They are great, if you don't mind giving up some comfort for performance that is.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
Excellent choice. I've replaced every bushing in my car with powerflex black. They are great, if you don't mind giving up some comfort for performance that is.

How much does it suck pushing out all the old bushings tho?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

torga

Autocross Champion
How much does it suck pushing out all the old bushings tho?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'd like to know this, too. I've had to drill and/or burn out bushings before. Not fun.

jay745

It sucked kind of a lot. My frustrations are documented on my build thread. The rear upper control arms and toe arms are the worst. It's pretty much impossible to get the oem bushings out without damaging the arms themselves. Ended up upgrading to mk5 upper control arms which are a much better design and voodoo13 toe arms which use heim joints instead of bushings.

The rest of them suck too, a Dremel with a carbide bit, and a small chisel/hammer is the best way. I tried using my 12 ton press but that just got more frustrating than it was worth.

torga

Autocross Champion
Has anyone replaced the plastic downpipe hanger with the metal one? I've noticed that replacing the plastic things with the metal versions on this car is generally recommended, but what about this one?
Yeh or meh?

Has anyone had a plastic downpipe hanger crack on them?

jay745

Has anyone replaced the plastic downpipe hanger with the metal one? I've noticed that replacing the plastic things with the metal versions on this car is generally recommended, but what about this one?
Yeh or meh?

Has anyone had a plastic downpipe hanger crack on them?
If you have upgraded motor and trans mounts there's no need. The only cars I've seen have issues are on the stock mounts. I also don't know of a metal option that exists, link?

torga

Autocross Champion

NewGuy1

Go Kart Champion
So pretty sure this question has been beaten to death but that's what this thread is for right? aha

I'm installing an ARM catted 3" downpipe and wondering what spacer people are using for catted CCTA combos?

Some common recommendations I've seen from older threads are Rai J-Spacer and 42dd angled spacer. Are these still the go to?

torga

Autocross Champion
So pretty sure this question has been beaten to death but that's what this thread is for right? aha

I'm installing an ARM catted 3" downpipe and wondering what spacer people are using for catted CCTA combos?

Some common recommendations I've seen from older threads are Rai J-Spacer and 42dd angled spacer. Are these still the go to?

Piggybacking off this question with a tangential question:
Will one spacer work with any aftermarket DP, or do certain spacers work with certain ones? I've also heard that APR's DP doesn't even need a spacer - any truth to that?

ahard48

Ready to race!
Spacers are not downpipe specific. AWE is the one that supposedly doesn't need a spacer. The RAI j is the way to go. I have been CEL free ever since.