GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
What about it? I know some of their stuff (twintake and twintercooler) are just gimmicks but this one looks the same as all the other kits really. I also like where it mounts because I know some people have fitment issues with aftermarket motor mounts.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Forge products in general imo. Like CTS lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Forge products in general imo. Like CTS lol.

I had their twintake for a short while. Got rid of it because of a surging issue it caused, but the actual quality if it seemed fine, just bad design.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
I'd have to agree on forge. Couldn't pay me enough to put any of their stuff on my car.

I regret having their DV recirculating on my car atm. So many issues with it. Can’t afford to replace it atm either.

CowTownRacer

Drag Racing Champion
Has anyone had any luck getting the anti theft radio code for these cars? VW stealerships are trying to charge me $80 to get the code.

CowTownRacer

Drag Racing Champion
Thanks, just gave the site a try. Will report back here if it works for me too.

CowTownRacer

Drag Racing Champion
I started thinking it was a scam after I paid because it took them almost 24 hours to reply to me with the code, but it did work.

I just got a response from them. Apparently there are two products, a code for just the radio and a code for the nav unit. The nav unit is more expensive and I didn't realize there was two possibilities.

Waiting for them to refund my initial purchase to buy the nav unit code.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
i called VW and got it for free over the phone. you might need to show them a bill of sale which hopefully has S/N and VIn number on it. but if you have the S/N you should be fine.