GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Do you have an o2 spacer on the rear o2? You'll need that for it to show ready if you have a bigger downpipe.

yep got the 42DD one from when i bought the DP. passed inspection last year with that DP on the stock catback. this year i have a different catback on there but that was not an issue. just need 2-3 more drive cycles before i take it back to retest.

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
yep got the 42DD one from when i bought the DP. passed inspection last year with that DP on the stock catback. this year i have a different catback on there but that was not an issue. just need 2-3 more drive cycles before i take it back to retest.

From 3 personal experiences...the vw cycle can take as much as 120 miles. Generally i got mine to run all the tests around 105-115 miles. 3 days driving in stock mode was brutal.

Have vagcom now so can force readiness. :thumbsup:

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
From 3 personal experiences...the vw cycle can take as much as 120 miles. Generally i got mine to run all the tests around 105-115 miles. 3 days driving in stock mode was brutal.

Have vagcom now so can force readiness. :thumbsup:

How do you know it wasn't showing as ready up to 120 miles if you didn't have vagcom to check previously?

torga

Autocross Champion
Anyone know the thread pitch and length of the screw that holds down the crash sensor? Or even a part number would be great.
The head is stripped on this one and it's not fully fastened down - maybe 1/16" left to go. I'd like to replace it with a fresh screw.

Tony48

Go Kart Champion
Anyone know the thread pitch and length of the screw that holds down the crash sensor? Or even a part number would be great.
The head is stripped on this one and it's not fully fastened down - maybe 1/16" left to go. I'd like to replace it with a fresh screw.
Remove screw and bring it to a hardware store. They almost all have a thread pitch gauge you can check the screw against.

torga

Autocross Champion
Remove screw and bring it to a hardware store. They almost all have a thread pitch gauge you can check the screw against.
Yeah, I know, thanks. I was just wondering if anyone knew it off hand, or if there's a general rule of thumb for thread pitch on VAG cars.
Like, on my Celica, all of these "accessory" type fasteners are M6 screws with 10mm heads. So, just wondering if VAG had a similar trend.

Tony48

Go Kart Champion
Yeah, I know, thanks. I was just wondering if anyone knew it off hand, or if there's a general rule of thumb for thread pitch on VAG cars.
Like, on my Celica, all of these "accessory" type fasteners are M6 screws with 10mm heads. So, just wondering if VAG had a similar trend.
Not that I've noticed. VW likes to keep us on our toes with hex/torx/triple square/internal hex of various sizes :rolleyes: