GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Actively working on my DP install right now. Bottom side of the car looks good overall, but go figure, the sleeve clamps at the end of the stock DP are rusted to shit. I've hit them with a wire brush and they're now soaking in penetrant, but I cannot get the bolts to move. Any advice?
Break em off. Replace the clamp

CowTownRacer

Drag Racing Champion
Hey Jay, what are you running for a dv these days? I'm wondering if my dv isn't holding boost (it could also be the tune or the waste gate cracking pressure).

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Actively working on my DP install right now. Bottom side of the car looks good overall, but go figure, the sleeve clamps at the end of the stock DP are rusted to shit. I've hit them with a wire brush and they're now soaking in penetrant, but I cannot get the bolts to move. Any advice?
More PB bathing. A wrench and a socket.

Saabingti

Autocross Champion
More PB bathing. A wrench and a socket.

Will continue. Going to pick up a new set of 6-sided sockets and a breaker bar tomorrow. May borrow a sawzall from work if push comes to shove.

Last edited:

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Will continue. Going to pick up a new set of 6-sided sockets and a breaker bar tomorrow. May borrow a breaker bar from work if push comes to shove.
i mean if youre not gonna try and reuse the clamp (ill advised) and you have a dremel or other cutting tool....... might be a simpler approach

Saabingti

Autocross Champion
i mean if youre not gonna try and reuse the clamp (ill advised) and you have a dremel or other cutting tool....... might be a simpler approach

Going to edit the post - might borrow a *sawzall from work if push comes to shove. New DP came with a new set of clamps. These are so rusty I don't think I'd want to reuse them.

Blue K04

Passed Driver's Ed
so you could be catless and straight piped then?
It's still illegal for shops to remove your cat for you and it's always a dick move, but there's no way to stop people from running catless now.

CowTownRacer

Drag Racing Champion
It's still illegal for shops to remove your cat for you and it's always a dick move, but there's no way to stop people from running catless now.
Where are you in WA?

CowTownRacer

Drag Racing Champion

Blue K04

Passed Driver's Ed

CowTownRacer

Drag Racing Champion
I'm having a fuel pressure problems now at the higher end of the RPM range in WOT pulls. Going to replace the fuel filter as a first step. Given the car has just under 24k miles in 8 years, I think it's highly likely the filter has gone bad. That being said, if it's not the filter I'll need a LPFP solution. Has anyone replaced their LPFP? Should I go OEM or an aftermarket solution like the APR in line kit?