GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread

torga

Autocross Champion
Confirmed placement and tightness of all clamps and went for a spin. The sound is nowhere near as loud, but still somewhat there... gonna replace the turbo out o-ring just to rule that out - I've got a spare.

GolNat

Autocross Champion

torga

Autocross Champion
Came back, swapped the turbo out o-ring, made sure that the connections up near the turbo muffler were nice and tight, then made sure the clamps on the oblong inlet/outlet were absolutely caveman tight.
Went out again, did 4 hard pulls and no screeching. It is done, boys.
Now I just need to get the RSR clutch and I will be 100% ready to roll - I am definitely slipping.

Former Honda Guy

Autocross Newbie
Came back, swapped the turbo out o-ring, made sure that the connections up near the turbo muffler were nice and tight, then made sure the clamps on the oblong inlet/outlet were absolutely caveman tight.
Now I just need to get the RSR clutch and I will be 100% ready to roll - I am definitely slipping.
Nooice!

CowTownRacer

Drag Racing Champion
As soon as I heard the YT video posted above I knew it wasn't the DV or PCV. HAHA. That's not the sound either of them make at all. HAHA

CowTownRacer

Drag Racing Champion
Anyone have suggestions for a spacer to get rid of the P0420? What's everyone running?

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Anyone have suggestions for a spacer to get rid of the P0420? What's everyone running?

I’m running an Amazon knock off J spacer. Been great so far but only have maybe 1k-2k miles on it.

5AC6ADFA-1820-49F2-BABE-ED9BCD0CD6DC.jpeg

torga

Autocross Champion

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
If you had the room you could buy a spark plug non fouler and drill it out so the tip of the 02 fits. J spacer is good for most people bc you can't easily weld a new bung where you would want it.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
I am running a spacer from 42DD, sicne that is who sold me my downpipe. i bought it proactively and have not had any issues with faulty O2 readings. probably because of tunes but i digress.

JW with a VW

Go Kart Champion

torga

Autocross Champion
You've got it clicked the wrong direction, supposed to face the front of the car.

Why not just get a tune? Leaving a spacer on long term will foul out your o2 eventually.
My tune doesn't turn off my O2, unfortunately. So I leave mine in.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
You've got it clicked the wrong direction, supposed to face the front of the car.

Why not just get a tune? Leaving a spacer on long term will foul out your o2 eventually.

I haven’t had any issues with emissions readiness or a CEL (except for a small EVAP leak code that comes and goes). If it will help keep it from fouling quicker I’ll flip it around tho. It has the smallest insert.

My tune doesn't turn off my O2, unfortunately. So I leave mine in.

Same.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
I haven’t had any issues with emissions readiness or a CEL (except for a small EVAP leak code that comes and goes). If it will help keep it from fouling quicker I’ll flip it around tho. It has the smallest insert.

Same.
If you aren't having problems with emissions just leave it as is. Flipping it will decrease the exhaust from hitting the O2 sensor (which most of the time is what you want in order to pass emissions) but that will speed up the fouling of the O2. The way you have it will increase the exhaust from contact with the sensor and will increase the life of it.