GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Wheel theft is a real big thing here in Chicago. They seem to target a lot of Honda's.

Once i lived in an area near a highway. in one night they hit the wheels on 3 Honda Fits. only one was left on jack stands, the others were on two cinder blocks.

zef

Drag Racing Champion
ive had my eye on these for a while but couldnt justify the pricetag. if you dont mind me asking what did you get them for on black friday?

Damn there goes my interest in these. $1k is steep :yikes:

They were 15% off. Their list price was also $100 lower about a week/2 weeks ago. OSRAM is an OE manufacturer so its not really fair to say these are "reps" - it's a very high quality piece.

If you were to convert to the genuine oem xenons it's typically 1.5k by the time you're all done. These don't require any conversion harnesses or pinning anything. It's simply plug and play.

They did do a group buy for these back in March for $850 shipped, they might be willing to do that again if there is enough interest

Phur

Autocross Champion
thanks, they do look quality.

was the GB on here? if so how did i miss this?

Yes, and I don’t know. [emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zef

Drag Racing Champion

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
I started some repair work...

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
I need to do this. How was getting the headliner out?

It's not too terrible actually. I followed this guide, even though it's for a mk5 jetta it's surprisingly similar.

Just take your time making sure you're doing everything right and it wasn't that bad. It took me about 3 hours to get it out of the car and get all the foam cleaned off of it.

The worst part is now all 6 of my airbag clips are broken. The clips to my sunglass holder are broken and now I need to replace the whole thing. I also broke clips on the rear dome light trim, but that seems like it'll still hold without rattling.

zef

Drag Racing Champion
What headlights are those and how much were they?

OSRAM Xenarcs. I got them on a group buy for about $850. They're $950-$1050 regular price depending who you get them from.

Mill City Auto and ESE Tuning are 2 vendors that I know of here in the US that sell them

Phur

Autocross Champion
It was interior day today for both my car and my wife’s mk5 Jetta. I used CG leather serum with a horsehair brush. The brush worked great but I had to vacuum afterwards because it looked like I had had a horse in my car. It was shedding a lot.

The seats feel so good and the car is back to smelling like new. (Instead of not really having a smell)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ssunnylee24

Go Kart Champion
Hi,
I have a mkv but the mkv forum is dead.
I put in a euro shor shifter and adjusted shift links.

Edit pic cant be added directly? That blows

Attachments

• EAC7DEB8-C1FA-4406-BF90-96E86483101D.jpeg
    EAC7DEB8-C1FA-4406-BF90-96E86483101D.jpeg
    253.8 KB · Views: 166

zef

Drag Racing Champion
Well apparently the Grams Performance throttle body I ordered is on intergalatic back order. Looks like I'll be waiting awhile for mine. Worth the wait though, considering I got it almost $200 off normal price.