GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

zrickety

The Fixer
Just take your time making sure you're doing everything right and it wasn't that bad. It took me about 3 hours to get it out of the car and get all the foam cleaned off of it.

The worst part is now all 6 of my airbag clips are broken.
I just went through the same thing. Got all the old foam off, tried using 3M 90 adhesive...it dried too fast. New material didn't stick, I ended up spray painting the headliner black instead.

On another note, my gas door stopped working today. Had to pry it open and now it's permanently unlocked.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Just finished scraping some more foam off my headliner. I think it's good enough I can put some glue on it and lay the cloth down. Might try that tomorrow.

I just went through the same thing. Got all the old foam off, tried using 3M 90 adhesive...it dried too fast. New material didn't stick, I ended up spray painting the headliner black instead.

On another note, my gas door stopped working today. Had to pry it open and now it's permanently unlocked.

I'm gonna try some Weldwood. I've heard really good things about it. Someone at work who's made a living out of repairing things recommended it to me, and then someone else on the forum recommended a specific weldwood, so hopefully this works out better.

I used the 3M stuff on my rear seat delete and I'm not happy with that either, so if this landau stuff works out I'll probably reupholster that too.

This is the stuff - https://www.amazon.com/Dap-Weldwood-Contact-Adhesive-Solvent/dp/B004IH3HAQ
Grainger had it for like $35.

zrickety

The Fixer
Pretty cool...looks maybe like what the pros spray on all those car builder shows.

cybonic

Passed Driver's Ed
decided to try some diy tire stencils

riceburner

Autocross Champion
totally love those, if i didn't have the mk7 Cadiz wheels i would rock those.

riceburner

Autocross Champion

cybonic

Passed Driver's Ed
that car looks badass! may even consider deeming the rear wing looking okay!

Wing meant for the newer fit gk8. Stands modified to fit.onto the gti spoiler. First to fit it over here in singapore. Just waiting for my canards to arrive this weekend

Jcarollo765

Ready to race!

mikeleemk6

Go Kart Champion

Trunk set up ya been done for a couple months now just had the hardlines and tanks powdered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Your car is sick Mike.

I swapped in some dome lights. They haven't been working for a while. I finally took my headliner out, so that made it easy to see what was wrong with them. One of them was looking a little rusty, but idk what's wrong with the other one. I swapped in some deauto lights though and it works!

I can't wait to finish this. I'm replacing my antenna and gasket at the same time too, since mine looks like shit. My headliner started to come undone at least a couple years ago, the dome lights have been failing on and off for the last couple years til they died completely, and my antenna gasket has bugged me for even longer. It'll be nice to have all this stuff fixed.

gdub09

Ready to race!
Finally got my car back after 2 weeks for a leaking water pump. 24 hours later I tuned it on Eurodyne Maestro Stage 2. Next week probably gonna raise it and throw the Blizzaks on