GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Got insurance on the car and have an appointment to get it registered on Tuesday. Hopefully i'll get the car back on or before Thursday, then be able to take it out this weekend if all goes well with the startup.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
What are the boards for?
there was a bit of a lip to get in so used them to help ease into the unit since I'm a little low. And since my parking brake doesn't work they're serving double duty to chock the wheels a little bit

zrickety

The Fixer
there was a bit of a lip to get in so used them to help ease into the unit since I'm a little low. And since my parking brake doesn't work they're serving double duty to chock the wheels a little bit
Bro, fix that brake. Leaving it in gear would work too.

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
Oh wow...looking back at the picture, yeah that's quite a drop/entrance in there!
Not heated.

170ish with a discounted first months.

The guys barn i used last year was 85/mo. This year was more than double that.
And they're cool with cars being stored there, or did you not even say?

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Just got the temporary registration for my car for 20 days, hoping that's enough time to get it running and through emissions or i'll be back at the dmv to spend some more money. People at the shop got sick over the weekend so they're taking off yesterday and today, sent them a message though so should know if the car will still be done this week. At that point i'm just waiting on the base tune from stratified, but i'll still be able to get all the fluids in and verify I have cranking oil pressure along with no obvious leaks

Edit: Talked to the shop and i'm picking up the car friday. Gonna call stratified today and see if I can get them to try and expedite my base tune. If they can i'll hopefully be driving saturday

Last edited:

zrickety

The Fixer
I'm painting wheels today.

wheels.jpg

Chisel_86

Go Kart Champion
I've recently discovered that my HVAC fan speed increases when I reverse... Like when I back into a parking spot. Shortly after I stop and park, the fan returns to normal speed. Is this a feature or a fault? :unsure:

zrickety

The Fixer
I've recently discovered that my HVAC fan speed increases when I reverse... Like when I back into a parking spot. Shortly after I stop and park, the fan returns to normal speed. Is this a feature or a fault? :unsure:
Sounds like a glitch. Maybe disconnect the battery, wait 10 min, reset everything.

Cole2999

Autocross Champion
Could just be power draw. You know when you turn on a hair dryer and you see the lights dim? Maybe you're turning off a system when you reverse and it sends more power to the HVAC. Could very well be wrong