GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

OhioMK6

Ready to race!
I have been slacking on mine but that is because I
had planned on getting my GTX3071r installed along with an upgraded fuel system :( That isnt happening until January now so I am just rollin with my trusty kO4 ;)

Check your messages.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Scheduled to have my resonator deleted next week which is exciting!

Got my first CEL. P1432 - Secondary air inlet valve - N112 Open Circuit

Cleared it and it came back on the second start up. From researching it seems to be either the relay or the SAI itself. Car drives normal but still a PITA :-/ Will dive more into when I get a chance.

CowTownRacer

Drag Racing Champion

ksandman

Ready to race!
Started tearing apart my car to part it out. Here’s a picture of the k04. It was fun!

If anyone is interested pm me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

godnf8

Passed Driver's Ed
Timing chains, guides, rails, lower cover, gaskets, seals, cam magnet, etc. Thanks to Tony48 for the huge assist, taking time out of his weekend and most of his day to drive down and help me out with this. He made this so much easier.

Attachments

• Timing1.jpg
    Timing1.jpg
    455.9 KB · Views: 109

Allchokedup

Autocross Champion
Timing chains, guides, rails, lower cover, gaskets, seals, cam magnet, etc. Thanks to Tony48 for the huge assist, taking time out of his weekend and most of his day to drive down and help me out with this. He made this so much easier.

That's cool people sharing knowledge and even cooler lending a hand.

I had to pull the mount on passenger side block to replace it as one of the holes was stripped out. Not the motor mount but the engine mount that motor mount bolts to. Pretty difficult, had to lower engine and pop out a plug behind the front tire. A few wobbles, extensions and many profane words and knocked it out in 2 hours.

godnf8

Passed Driver's Ed
That's cool people sharing knowledge and even cooler lending a hand.

I had to pull the mount on passenger side block to replace it as one of the holes was stripped out. Not the motor mount but the engine mount that motor mount bolts to. Pretty difficult, had to lower engine and pop out a plug behind the front tire. A few wobbles, extensions and many profane words and knocked it out in 2 hours.

I have to get my engine support bracket and mount back in as well, Took me quite some time to get it out, sure even longer to put in. After that, time to drop oil pan to replace

torga

Autocross Champion
Went to an annual car meet and finally met some local VW/Audi guys. Excited to get some weekend car meet action, in addition to this forum.

zef

Drag Racing Champion
Dropped off the car at ACI Dynamix today for a full front nose clear bra + ceramic pro 9H coating. Exactly 1 week away from my first track day of the year.

Definitely +1 for getting mods done pre-marriage...if my fiancé found out how much I spent on the car this month... yikes lol

There's always "one last thing" to do it seems...

ChrisAttebery

Drag Racing Champion
I did a track day a couple weeks ago so yesterday I had my 15yo son help me do some maintenance.

After the track day two weeks ago the brakes felt a little squishy so first up was a brake bleed. I bought the Schwaben pressure brake bleeder and catch can from ECS a while ago. I'm not very happy with the "Euro Standard" master cylinder cap. If you hand tighten it it leaks. I wound up having to use a pair of channel locks to crank it down tight enough to get it to seal. Next time I'll try using the universal adapter that uses a chain around the master cylinder. Anyway, I got a few bubbles out of the front calipers. The rears seemed fine. Afterward the pedal seems more firm.

I also noticed some warbling from the rear tires after the track day. I assumed that I had cupped them a bit but when we pulled the tires off the car we found that the tires had picked up a bunch of slag off the track. The slag was all on the inner half of the tires. I spent an hour or so using a gasket scraper and 60 grit to remove the slag from one of the tires. It was pushing 95 degrees by then so I decided to leave the other one alone. We rotated the tires F->R. I turned traction control off and did a couple hard launches. The tires are all cleaned up now. :D

Attachments

• IMG_6743.jpg
    IMG_6743.jpg
    227 KB · Views: 794

smanierre

Autocross Champion
All 4 main calipers are done for my bbk. Rotors should be getting done this week then they will all be shipped out. They are still waiting on the carriers for the e-brake calipers so those will be shipped out at a later date. I love how they look in the pictures though

Verserk-MK6

Ready to race!
All 4 main calipers are done for my bbk. Rotors should be getting done this week then they will all be shipped out. They are still waiting on the carriers for the e-brake calipers so those will be shipped out at a later date. I love how they look in the pictures though

As long as you keep all Brake fluid from the paint you should be fine.
They use an epoxy based paint/coating so it looks good but lacks durability against the one thing it will eat it.