GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. hippiesrock03

P0140 PLEASE HELP

Hey guys, Been a while since I've posted here but I'm having issues with a CEL Code P0140 - Oxygen (Lambda) Sensor B1 S2: No activity I bought a new O2 sensor for the post cat (currently have a hi flow eurojet cat). New sensor gives me another code P0141 - O2 Sensor Heater Circuit Malfunction...
  2. hippiesrock03

AC hose abrasion from clamp

Hey guys. Just got back from the dealership and they told me my AC wasnt working because of a hole that was caused by abrasion from the clamp on a nearby hose. Im out of warranty so the dealership is asking $475 for the hose, not including labor for this. I can see the hole and access...
  3. hippiesrock03

Really need some coding help for Ed's headlights

So I need some help. I've searched and searched but I cannot find an answer that works. I want: LEDs as DRL, no fogs LEDs turn off when low beams are on I have the OEM LED tails with no fog I have the LEDs working as the DRL but they are on when the low beams are on. I just them off when the...
  4. hippiesrock03

Stud conversion and neochrome lug nuts!

Anyone interested in buying my stud conversion and lug nuts? Ran them since April, about 3k miles on them. I'll include a set of ball seat nuts as well so you can run OEMs. Also included is blue loctite. And 4 extra (spare) lug nuts. Studs are silver 14x1.5x64mm (up to a 15mm spacer I believe)...
  5. hippiesrock03

Problems with the VW

So I'm at the dealership and I just showed the service manager the problems with my vehicle. My windshield has bubbles all along the edges and it's been getting worse. The service manager tells me that Volkswagen says it's normal. He shows me another customers car and sure enough, it has the...
  6. hippiesrock03

Radar Detector Predicament

So I currently own a V1 which I got for a great price. I've been looking at the concealed V1 display so I can hardwire it and put the detector up high by the mirror. But the problem is my detector doesn't have ESP, which is required to run the concealed display. The upgrade is $99 plus shipping...
  7. hippiesrock03

Buy newest Hankook V12s or older ones

So tirerack and discounttire both have the newest Hankook v12 compound k120 vs the k110. The newer one is slightly more expensive with a slightly different tread pattern but no reviews so far. Generally they make the tires better...right? Opinions? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  8. hippiesrock03

Weathertech cargo liner owners: I need your input

Basically, I had a half bottle of Mobil 1 oil that leaked and my stock cargo mat is ruined. My liner currently sinks a bit if I put something above the empty spaces between the spare tire. My question is: is the weathertech liner rigid enough to be used on its own? Without the stock liner...
  9. hippiesrock03

Podi VEI Boost gauge and V1 display

Link below: http://www.podi.ca/p1packages.aspx?CarID=10 Anyone have this? I have a V1 detector and I think this would be really awesome since I'm looking for a boost gauge as well. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  10. hippiesrock03

Lovesac or any other giant beanbag?

I'm interested in getting one but the nearest lovesac store is 2 hours away from me. I'll take a trip eventually. I'd like to get some feedback from you guys if you have a lovesac or anything comparable (comfysack, mojosac, sumo, etc).
  11. hippiesrock03

Stud conversion kit and lug nuts!

Solid packaging on the lugs. Double layer of foam that fits nice and snug. Test fit :D:D:D These are neo chrome M14x1.5 steel lug nuts from Motorsport Hardware, not aluminum which could strip after repeated use. Tons of BMW guys use these on the track so they are race proven. Ryan was...
  12. hippiesrock03

Lower golf grill from eBay

Anyone have any luck with these? http://bit.ly/1meVKJF Tempted to give them a try. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  13. hippiesrock03

WTB: Spacers (10/12mm, 8mm)

Must be hubcentric. PM me.
  14. hippiesrock03

Hub rings on hubcentric spacer

You can put a hub ring on top of a hub-centric spacer right? For example, I buy a 57.1mm hub centric spacer (10mm). My wheels are 73.1mm hub size, I can put a 73.1mm-57.1mm hub ring on it...right?
  15. hippiesrock03

Want opinions on lug nut color

I have formula silver volk re30s with polished lips going on soon. I have a black GTI lowered on Konis. For lug nut colors I have red, blue and neo chrome. I don't want silver because the wheel already has a lot of silver, black is too boring. My opinions: Red matches the caps and the...
  16. hippiesrock03

WTB: Dr. Colorchip black metallic

Let me know! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  17. hippiesrock03

FS: Misc detailing products: Autoglym HD, meguiars, etc

I no longer need waxes due to my car being opticoated and the rest are extras or leftovers from when I was a kid in a candy store on a detailing site. Most of this stuff isn't worth the shipping cost so I'd thought I'd ask locally first. If you buy several, I'll consider shipping but it may...
  18. hippiesrock03

Did my first wheel repair!

Got these for a great price, just had a huge curb rash on one wheel. After months of putting it off, I finally fixed it today! My first wheel repair came out a whole lot better than I expected. It's still not perfect, but you'd literally have to be 3 inches away to see the slight...
  19. hippiesrock03

Stripping wheels

So I have a set of Volk RE-30s that I am going to repair in the near future. One of them is curbed (mostly on the lip). Anyone have any advice on stripping the anodized layer? Aircraft stripper? Would taping the faces protect the paint from the stripper? Also, would opticoat 2.0 protect the...
  20. hippiesrock03

Running 12mm tuner nuts

So the holes in my volks are 14mm. I want to run tuner nuts and bolts which are 12mm. Would it be safe to run: (hub) - (14mm) - (spacer maybe) - (wheel) - (14mm-12mm) - (lugs) and connect the 14mm to the M14-M12 conversion? I can't seem to find a conversion stub long enough so it looks like...