GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Dude's R Build

thedude4bides

Go Kart Champion
So the tranny is fine. Turns out a squirrel put a walnut under the car blocking the shifter from going in gear. Wow.

Uni is warrantying the intake. Ideally I'd go back to stock but I removed the thingy's that the stock engine cover grommets rest on so I'll either have to drive around staying out of boost or find some at a local dealer and put the stock cover on until the replacement part comes in.

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion
So the tranny is fine. Turns out a squirrel put a walnut under the car blocking the shifter from going in gear. Wow.

Uni is warrantying the intake. Ideally I'd go back to stock but I removed the thingy's that the stock engine cover grommets rest on so I'll either have to drive around staying out of boost or find some at a local dealer and put the stock cover on until the replacement part comes in.

wow :laugh:

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
How many miles are on your car?

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Oh I don't think it is called a harmonic balancer. That is usually something that is placed on a crank pulley.

But that particular part is the one that goes to the rear drive shaft from the haldex correct?
I read that pretty much all of em crack between 30-50k miles.

~$500 to get it fixed. No real aftermarket available either.

thedude4bides

Go Kart Champion
Oh I don't think it is called a harmonic balancer. That is usually something that is placed on a crank pulley.

But that particular part is the one that goes to the rear drive shaft from the haldex correct?
I read that pretty much all of em crack between 30-50k miles.

~$500 to get it fixed. No real aftermarket available either.

Yes, that is what it is called. More info here:
http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?6912758-Something-new-to-check

$550 part. I really hope the extended warranty covers.

McQueen77

Banned
Funny you mention the intake... Looking in there I noticed that it cracked near the welds for the screw that attaches to the engine.

Is this your flaccid hog resting against the intake?

Good to hear your trans is alright and that you fixed your hatch rattle. There was something rewarding about sourcing and fixing rattles on the GTI. So I guess you're still in the R then.

thedude4bides

Go Kart Champion
Is this your flaccid hog resting against the intake?

Good to hear your trans is alright and that you fixed your hatch rattle. There was something rewarding about sourcing and fixing rattles on the GTI. So I guess you're still in the R then.

I am indeed. Impossible to get out out of without taking a major bath. The hatch rattle fix was the most rewarding part of the mk6 ownership experience so far.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Whalecum back