GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anyone not have issues with their MK6?

dwagner88

Ready to race!
Intake manifold and all fuel injectors were replaced under warranty at 25k. Coil pack failed at 52k. Water leak developed in drivers door at 35k. I'm at 60k now, most of it tuned. I likely won't buy another VW.

vwgti2.0t

Go Kart Champion
Intake manifold and all fuel injectors were replaced under warranty at 25k. Coil pack failed at 52k. Water leak developed in drivers door at 35k. I'm at 60k now, most of it tuned. I likely won't buy another VW.

67k. Tuned at 3k. K04 at 27k. One intake manifold and one water pump under warranty. No issues besides that.

Pooley

Ready to race!
2011 DSG, 63kmi, tuned well over half its miles, Stage 2 last 20kmi. Only had one issue and that was a coil pack failure months after going Stage 2. Still on original brake pads and doesn't eat oil. Been great.

Next door neighbor has an 09 DSG that needed it's intake manifold replaced (under warranty) and a new oil pan after Jiffy Lube stripped his drain plug. That's it. His wife owns a 2010 Jetta TDi wagon that's had no issues at all.

formul8

My GLI farts
2010 w/55k miles that 100% stock. Minor issues fixed under warranty, but so far so good. Wish I could say the same about the '06 GLI that I traded in for this car, which was a total POS.

33b5e5

Passed Driver's Ed
Bought mine used at 29k. I'm at 36k now and zero issues for me. Had VW pull up the service records: my car had the intake manifold replaced under warranty at 20k That's it. The car is rock solid.

D Griff

Go Kart Champion
39k 100% trouble free miles here, about 10k of those with a tune. I've had it since September of 2011. The only dealer visits have been the free maintenance.

Carbon Steel

Go Kart Champion
3 and half years no issues, but only 8500 miles.

Intenz888

Ready to race!
- Old rubber style Diverter replaced
- new diverter failed and replaced
- intake manifold replaced
- right axle replaced
- Mechatronics and Gearbox replaced
- Doors squeak and rattles

But yeh, I still love my GTI.

Coogles

Go Kart Newbie
Mine’s been a bit of a headache. I’ve had –

1k miles – wastegate rattle
15k miles – subframe clunk (shims inserted under warranty)
19k miles – leaking passenger side transmission output seal (replaced under warranty)
23k miles – TOB failure (full clutch replacement, had to fight VW/dealer to cover the costs)
24k miles – blower motor failure (awful screeching noises when cold, then seized up – out of warranty)
26k miles – subframe motor mount failure (clicking/metallic knocking under varying throttle inputs, excessive engine movement, wheel hop)

My sig lists the modified ECS insert, but I never installed it. The mount issues popped up after the clutch replacement and I believe is more related to the work done by the dealership. It’s going back in next week for them to check it over.

I hate my car until I drive something else, then I realize it's all worth it.

PlaidDad

Ready to race!
29k on my 2011, 2nd owner. PO replaced water pump, havoc blower screeches a bit when cold at first, but is then fine. Otherwise no issues at all.

TreyPrtr

2012 gti 35000 miles and the only thing ive had go wrong was a faulty gas cap??? One trip to the stealership and it was fixed and wasnt telling me to tighten my gas cap anymore . I have also been stage 1 since 10,000 miles.