GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Group Buy Meth Injection Kit

U-20T

Go Kart Champion
JR, do you have pricing to compare?

I don't have what the group buy would be but base pricing can be found at www.howertonengineering.com

I can look into it more if there is some serious interest the systems are more expensive than the Snow or DO but they are compatible with direct injection and I do have the wiring diagram on my build page. HFS -4 does have some nice features and has a failsafe which is real nice for the guys running advanced timing programs. The last buy they did was a very good deal so if there are 10ish or more we probably can do a decent buy.

crew219

Banned
I don't have what the group buy would be but base pricing can be found at www.howertonengineering.com

I can look into it more if there is some serious interest the systems are more expensive than the Snow or DO but they are compatible with direct injection and I do have the wiring diagram on my build page. HFS -4 does have some nice features and has a failsafe which is real nice for the guys running advanced timing programs. The last buy they did was a very good deal so if there are 10ish or more we probably can do a decent buy.

I'd be interested in a HFS-2.

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion
Nice. I don't want to take away from Paul's thread as I think he found a very nice basic kit for $200.

I think the goal here was to keep costs low and work on a group buy for a setup that does not require meth (or failsafes) to run certain software. I think the goal was to keep everyone on their pre-defined APR software files (Stage 1, 2, K04, etc) and just add a simple meth setup for additional power once they reach higher boost levels.

Unless I'm missing something, the Aquamist kits need these controllers to manage the system to protect the car right? I personally would never rely on an additional computer system to provide additional power. I just want to spray meth when I'm at higher boost levels above the factory output to keep IAT's low and hopefully preserve the OEM components as they came from the factory with lower boost numbers in mind.

crew219

Banned
Nice. I don't want to take away from Paul's thread as I think he found a very nice basic kit for $200.

I think the goal here was to keep costs low and work on a group buy for a setup that does not require meth (or failsafes) to run certain software. I think the goal was to keep everyone on their pre-defined APR software files (Stage 1, 2, K04, etc) and just add a simple meth setup for additional power once they reach higher boost levels.

Personally, a progressive controller like the DVC-30 or AEM kit would be better than a simple on/off switch.

HYDE16 said:
Unless I'm missing something, the Aquamist kits need these controllers to manage the system to protect the car right? I personally would never rely on an additional computer system to provide additional power. I just want to spray meth when I'm at higher boost levels above the factory output to keep IAT's low and hopefully preserve the OEM components as they came from the factory with lower boost numbers in mind.

HFS-2 is all the goodness of HFS-3 but without the gauge and waste gate cutoff.

allset

Go Kart Champion
UPDATE ON GB PRICING:

1-3 kits 20% discount

4 kits 30% discount

4 kits or more 35% discount

$20 shipping per kit

Turn8

Ready to race!
Do they have a 'direct' port option utilizing the new injectors? If so, I may want to be added to the list!

Mike

chrisisnapping

Go Kart Champion
holy crap that's ridiculous pricing.

Anyone know if this is pretty much just for running on 91/93oct APR tune, or can we go 100oct tune? Also, 1 or 2 nozzles and what size? I'm guessing everyone is going to go with the same type..(those of us that are stock turbo at least.)

Rotaryknight

Go Kart Champion
Will their injectors work with the throttle plate?

I'm always a little worried running WM w/ a 100oct tune. Just another thing that has a possibility of failing

Modshack1

Go Kart Champion

Thomas@GIAC

Ready to race!
I cannot speak for other companies, but our Race file is fully compatible with 91/93 octane plus water-methanol injection. We have many users utilizing such a combination, and also run this setup on our in-house vehicles. While we have not run CoolingMist on our vehicles, I do know of some individuals who have. I have yet to hear of a problem related to this system.