GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread

SELA_MK6GTI

Go Kart Champion
Thanks for input fellas, I'm almost at 60k miles now with stock suspension and will soon need to upgrade :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boscogn

Go Kart Champion
Thanks for input fellas, I'm almost at 60k miles now with stock suspension and will soon need to upgrade :)

Hey Dood. I'm on stock springs and struts at 65k and it still feels tight to me. With lowering springs though they make the struts work more and wear faster. It's also not unheard of to blow a stock strut with lowering springs. If I had lots of money I'd go with DG Springs and the Koni Srt.t (orange) struts. Just thought I'd chime in.

Edit: the yellows I think are adjustable so if you want coilovers for a street/track setup that's something to consider.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

SELA_MK6GTI

Go Kart Champion
Hey Dood. I'm on stock springs and struts at 65k and it still feels tight to me. With lowering springs though they make the struts work more and wear faster. It's also not unheard of to blow a stock strut with lowering springs. If I had lots of money I'd go with DG Springs and the Koni Srt.t (orange) struts. Just thought I'd chime in.

Edit: the yellows I think are adjustable so if you want coilovers for a street/track setup that's something to consider.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

Thanks man, yea maybe because your suspension is still on oem springs right? I have lowering springs on but I feel like I would need to replace the struts soon because I drive a lot and just wanted some recommendations. I'll look into it :)

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
i have VWR sport springs and koni orange. no complaints.

SirClimax

Ready to race!
I have H&R SS what would you pair them up with when its time to replace shock/struts

I had H&R SS with Koni Yellows and they were great. The rears are a pain to adjust once they are one the car but the front are super easy.

tonymk6

Ready to race!
Would those be the coilovers? The yellows

Nope, Koni Yellows are the Koni Sport Shocks with adjustable dampening. Koni Orange (STR.t) are cheaper in price with no adjusting.

mikejsmith1985

Go Kart Champion
Not as cost effective but I'm really happy with my mFactory coilovers. It's definitely a firmer ride than OEM and is worth riding in a car with coilovers before you buy a set.

D_Evl_GTI

Passed Driver's Ed
I really really need a diffuser that's fit for 3.5 inch quads. Can someone please help me and tell me a website that sells diffusers and or if someone is selling a diffuser fit for quads? Please and thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

SirClimax

Ready to race!

sbgti

Passed Driver's Ed
Changed from stock coils to R8 because of misfires.(not tuned) 3 of the 4 are fine but I can not get the coil in the 2nd cylinder to sit right. It still needs to go down about half an inch. There seems to be some ceramic debris from the plug in the cylinder somehow and I think that's blocking it. Any idea what to do?