GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
Doesnt apply to just track cars. Apr recommends 10-15k for their tunes... 🤷‍♂️

View attachment 176737
Those are copper plugs with a shorter life. That is why APR recommends them be changed every 10k, not because "their tune recommends it". If you run OEM plugs and gaps like unitronic recommends you can stick to the 60k plug service interval.

It is your choice to run shorter life/high performance plugs.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
i do mine every 40k, not copper but they're irirdium

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
Even if you did them every 10k, it is a 4 cylinder so it is like 40$ tops. One of the only benefits of having a four banger.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Those are copper plugs with a shorter life. That is why APR recommends them be changed every 10k, not because "their tune recommends it". If you run OEM plugs and gaps like unitronic recommends you can stick to the 60k plug service interval.

It is your choice to run shorter life/high performance plugs.
They're iridium and perform much more consistent than oem. I didnt see unitronic recommend oem plugs, did they tell you that directly or?

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Yeah I use the BKR7EIX plug for Stage 2. I never changed the gap from stage 1.

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
Digging into those 2016 archives nice!
You as well as I do know there isnt much info on this. Colder plugs should be better for higher boost/ko4 cars but Uni hasnt gone as far as APR to recommend anything other than OEM.

I have even found APR tuning threads from 2013-2014 where APR themselves say they develop their tunes based on stock spark plugs but I assume they reversed that stance.

smanierre

Autocross Champion
I'm just happy it's not abnormal to need to change them that often. I'm fairly certain I put more than 10k on my car since I installed. I went for a drive today and no more misfires and I swear it feels way faster. I love easy fixes

Phur

Autocross Champion
You as well as I do know there isnt much info on this. Colder plugs should be better for higher boost/ko4 cars but Uni hasnt gone as far as APR to recommend anything other than OEM.

I have even found APR tuning threads from 2013-2014 where APR themselves say they develop their tunes based on stock spark plugs but I assume they reversed that stance.
They have changed their tunes since then.

Phur

Autocross Champion
I was thinking the same thing. 😂