GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
I want to put sound deadening in the hatch just to try and mask a bit of the exhaust noise. As for the plastic rattles, I just need something to fill to void so if there is a cheaper/lighter option i'll just go with that. I had a sub in there the past 2 years and it gets pretty hot in the summer here. Also all solid mounts and a smfw really puts a lot of vibrations into the cabin which I think is the cause of most of it.
i put a blanket down in my rear seat delete to help with noise stuff. #stonks

smanierre

Autocross Champion
i put a blanket down in my rear seat delete to help with noise stuff. #stonks
I'll just lay down some plastic, fill it with used oil, then some more plastic and seal it off.

1ashchuckton

Autocross Champion
You guys are a hoot. I'll tell you what I use. All of those packing peanuts that come in every darned box get put to good use in my car. I fill all the cavities with those. At each oil change I put a cup in & it really keeps the engine noise down. (y)

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
You guys are a hoot. I'll tell you what I use. All of those packing peanuts that come in every darned box get put to good use in my car. I fill all the cavities with those. At each oil change I put a cup in & it really keeps the engine noise down. (y)
I simply hate hearing engine noise and exhaust and wind and tires thats why i injected expanding foam into all the panels and gaps. Its weird though, I still get some noises from my 20 inch rimz ever since i cut my springs and removed my bump stops so i dunno.

I really think switching to these solid lead motor mounts with no bushings will help settle the car down some

torga

Autocross Champion
I'll just lay down some plastic, fill it with used oil, then some more plastic and seal it off.
An oil bed! Gosh, why didn't I think of this before!

PhthaloType

Go Kart Champion
Edit: Ugh, nm, that didn't end up being nearly as funny as I thought...

Last edited:

torga

Autocross Champion
Oil bed? Packing peanuts? C'mon, y'all, work smarter, not harder. We all know with VWs there's nothing you can't do with OEM parts and VCDS coding.
Two oil beds?

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
Some Chinese market Audis came with a Soundaktor version that was a silencer instead of a noisemaker.
Cool, never heard of this before.

Mk6Autobahn

Autocross Champion
My brakes were getting annoying since I had the same set that came with the car when new. Making some weird high pitched noise. I used some foam sound deadening panels in place of my pads and now it sounds so quiet, no more screeching.

gijoewoz

Go Kart Champion
My brakes were getting annoying since I had the same set that came with the car when new. Making some weird high pitched noise. I used some foam sound deadening panels in place of my pads and now it sounds so quiet, no more screeching.
Anyone in the know is aware that the tires are a huge contributor to cabin noise. I suggest wrapping your tires with a couple of sheets.

Mk6Autobahn

Autocross Champion
Anyone in the know is aware that the tires are a huge contributor to cabin noise. I suggest wrapping your tires with a couple of sheets.
I just removed mine completely. The wheels say they’re forged anyways, really gives a more sporty and direct road feel.

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Have seen some cars with the noise cancelling. My gmc truck possibly had it but I couldn’t tell.
Also, no more brake dust!

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Tires add too much unsprung weight anyway.